f o u r ✖️ the same

f o u r ✖️ the same

hunter's pov (finally😵)

cash fake coughed before she bolted inside the house.

brandon was still standing in the doorway, his brow laced with confusion.

i can't believe i almost kissed cashlynn dallas, my best friend...

i bit my lip, my mind spinning wildly as i replayed the event in my head.

i was so close to kissing those inviting, luscious, pink lips that i had been dreaming about, but of course it was up to brandon to ruin what i craved the most.

i immediately glared at brandon, frustratingly running my hand through my hair.

"why did you have to suddenly pop out of the blue?" i whisper yelled, throwing my hands in the air.

"oh i'm sorry, i didn't know i would almost walk in on you guys eating each others faces." brandon shook his head.

"i was so close though. i had my chance and you ruined it!" i sighed, closing my eyes in defeat.

it was quiet for a moment, and i debated whether i should punch brandon, or leave it alone.

"damn," brandon chuckled lightly, interrupting my temptations. "i knew you liked her but, she's got you whipped."

i looked at him before shaking my head.

"what does it matter, it's not like she feels the same anyways." i concluded, stepping past brandon and into the house before he could respond with some attempt to make me feel better.

i made it into the living room, brandon trailing behind me. cash was sitting on the couch, her eyes looking all around the room but at me.

my heart dropped and i knew i made the wrong move by trying to kiss her. she simply didn't like me nor wanted me like i wanted her.

i started towards her, scrambling up words that i could use to talk to her. my mouth opened to make conversation, but for the second time today, i was interrupted. and once again, it was by the door.

"hey peeps!!" cameron exclaimed, strutting inside with two girls following behind him.

one of the girls had straight auburn brown hair with sparkling hazel eyes. she looked around cameron's age, and by the way her arm was looped around his, i supposed they were hitting it off as an amazing couple.

the other girl was younger, maybe around brandon's age, with the same auburn brown hair and hazel eyes. she had glasses rimming her eyes and the way brandon stared at her arrival, i knew it wouldn't take long till they had their own special relationship.

i sighed inwardly, looking towards cash who was also staring at the new guests.

her beautiful, ocean blue eyes sparkled with curiosity as she inspected the two girls silently. i watched as she twirled the ends of her shiny blonde hair between her fingers; a habit she took accustom to when she was deep in thought. and in moments just like these, i remembered how beautiful this girl was, and how much i truly wanted her to be mine.

i bit my lip, swallowing back the words i wished to say.

my heart ached with despair, knowing that i liked my best friend more than i should....

and

she

didn't

feel

the

same.

✖️

i'm so sorry for the incredibly short chapter!!! i know i said i would make them longer but i thought this would be the perfect ending point for this chapter. i already plan on posting the next chapter really soon, maybe tomorrow. but omg, the feeling is mutual!! hunter feels the same!! that makes my heart so happy tbh🤗 but i'm really digging this book! are you guys?? please give me feedback because i love it and when you guys don't it makes me upset that no one reads these... 

please vote/comment!!! it means so much to me i'm not even kidding!! also please follow me!! i'm like, 3 followers away from 400!!!

peace out✌🏼️