n i n e ✖️ i hope you're happy...

cashlynn's pov

i shut my door behind me, tears begging to fall from my eyes. i held them back though and crawled to my bed, sitting down and leaning my head against the wooden frame.

my door opened, alaska slipping inside and taking a seat in front of me. her loose, auburn curls bounced subtly as she tilted her head to the side.

"are you okay?" she whispered, and i hated how petty she sounded.

don't get me wrong, i loved alaska as a best friend, but i absolutely loathed when people felt bad for me.

it made me feel weak and unable to do things myself and to stay strong.

"i'm fine." i gritted my teeth, remembering how hunter shamelessly flirted with erica.

"why did he do it." i suddenly asked, my voice cracking from the tears swimming up my throat.

alaska sighed, pulling me into a hug and staying quiet.

"i don't know." the words left her mouth and a tear escaped my eye.

i don't know. i don't know. i don't know.

"but i'm sure he didn't mean to hurt you, cash. he's so in love with you." alaska reassured me, pulling away from our hug.

"and how would you know that." i asked, wiping away my tears.

"have you seen the way he looks at you." she chuckled. "it's like he sees the whole world!"

i just laughed lightly, my spirit lifting a little. maybe hunter wasn't trying to cause me any harm after all.

boy, was i wrong...

me and alaska walked down the stairs, laughing and talking the whole way to the living room. i was so happy and convinced that i could finally speak to hunter that i guess i forgot the reality of the situation.

when we made it to the couch, i saw exactly what i didn't want to see. it was hunter and erica, erica straddling his lap as he tickled her sides.

my smile fell from my lips as i watched them interact like hunter used to with me.

"cash?" i turned my head to the voice calling my name, seeing someone i had missed so much.

"blake!" i smiled, running up to him and jumping into a hug with him.

i wrapped my legs around his waist and he laughed as he rocked back and forth on his feet, carrying me like i was a koala.

you see, blake was another one of my best friends, considering him and hunter were also best buds.

"what are you doing here?!" i chuckled, stepping down from the hug, my arms still latched to his shoulders.

"i was going to go home, but i decided i would spend time with everyone for a couple days." he answered, picking me up bridal style and taking a seat next to cameron.

i smiled, thankful that i had another friend since hunter apparently had other people on his mind.

i sighed at the thought, and looked up to see cameron looking at me with the same worried look on his face.

"cash, are you okay sis?" i just crawled off of blake's lap and pulled cameron into a big bear hug.

"no, it hurts." i whispered in his ear and i felt him nod gently.

i could be honest with cameron, after all, he was the best brother i could ever ask for and i knew he would protect me.

i pulled away from the hug and crawled back into blake's lap, still happy that he was here.

i soon felt eyes on me and i looked up to see hunter, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked between me and blake.

my insides smiled a bit, knowing how jealous hunter could get. i decided to play around for a bit, and i started talking to blake, making sure to giggle more than usual.

when i looked back, i saw hunter, his face red, erica still smothering him.

i saw hunter stand up and walk away, erica following behind him like a lost puppy.

i finally decided my job was done, and once again, i went back to sad cashlynn.

"you okay?" blake asked, tucking a strand of my hair away from my face. he truly was a great friend.

"it's just," i paused, looking into blake's ocean blue eyes. "why can't i be the one with hunter?"

blake's eyes widened. "i knew it."

i furrowed my eyebrows, confused by what he meant.

"as soon as you came down and looked at hunter, i saw how upset yet how mesmerized you were by him." he shrugged and i pressed my lips in a firm line.

how obvious was i?

"i'm just going to go get a drink." i responded, standing up and walking to the kitchen.

bad idea.

as soon as i got there, i saw erica on the counter and hunter standing between her legs, kissing her like there was no tomorrow.

i didn't even know it was possible, but i felt my heart break the more i watched Hunter simultaneously make out with erica.

hunter kissing her wasn't even an accident, or a 'it's not what it looks like'! it was purely his lips on hers, both of them agreeing to the action of breaking my heart.

hunter removed his lips from hers and i swear i saw guilt rush past his eyes.

almost as if noticing my presence the whole time, hunter looked up at me, and i saw those beautiful eyes i loved so much. except this time, i didn't want to see them.

"c-cash, it's not what it-"

"save it, hunter." i seethed, venom dripping from my words.

i watched as hunter started walking closer to me, and each step felt like a shot to my heart.

"i hope you're happy." i whispered, tears flowing from my eyes.

"baby girl-" i didn't even wait for him to finish his sentence before i sprinted out of the house.

i heard hunter behind me and somewhere deep inside me, i felt a small piece of my heart recollect.

hunter was chasing me...

✖️

oh dammnnnnn...... drama! i'm sorry if this was kind of short idk how long it is. but i hope you liked it and i also hope you guys VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!

peace out girl scouts✌🏼️