s i x t e e n ✖️ numb

s i x t e e n ✖️numb

cashlynn's pov

"cashlynn?" i woke up to someone shaking my arm lightly.

i groaned, prying open my right eye to see who could have possibly been stupid enough to awake me.

blake met my blurry vision, his face twisted in an apologetic frown.

"what do you want?" i muttered tiredly, sitting up against the headboard of my bed and stretching.

"cameron wanted me to wake you up," he started, pausing to press his lips in a line. "did you... did you realize it's nearly 3 in the afternoon?"

i gasped inwardly, quickly taking my phone off of the charger and checking the time. sure enough, the screen flashed brightly with the numbers '2:56'.

"i-i didn't realize... thank you f-for waking me up." i stuttered, wondering how i managed to sleep so long yet i still felt oddly tired.

"maybe we can go on a walk to wake you up?" blake suggested, his face looking worried.

"that would be great." i smiled. it would be a great time to catch up with him and an even better time to escape this house.

"i'll leave you to get ready then." he smiled back, squeezing my hand before standing up and walking out of my room.

i bit my lip, wondering how he could ever be so amazing. i really missed having him around.

i eventually stood up from my bed and started getting ready. i used the toilet, took a brisk shower, brushed my teeth, and picked out an outfit.

i decided to wear black leggings and my long, maroon victoria secret long sleeve shirt. it was pretty cold outside today, even though it was summer in california.

afterwards, i went inside my bathroom and threw my hair into a messy bun, deciding not to wear any makeup.

for the last touches, i sprayed on vanilla lace and slipped on my white hightop converse.

once i was fully ready for the day- or afternoon i should say- i grabbed my phone and walked downstairs.

i immediately saw hunter, who was sitting on the couch, scrolling through his phone.

"hey hunt." i smiled, causing his head to whip up.

"oh hey." he smiled back. "where you going?"

"on a walk with blake." once i said it, hunter frowned, his face becoming angry as soon as blake walked in.

"ready to go?" blake smiled and i nodded, watching hunter as he stood up and started for the stairs.

"hunter do you wanna come?" i asked his furious figure.

hunter turned around and grimaced menacingly, a face i had never thought would be put onto hunter's sweet, caring features.

"no, you go along with him. i wouldn't want to interrupt." he growled and i stepped back.

"well what are you going to do?"

"erica might be free. i'm going to see if she would like to hang out." hunter concluded, stomping upstairs.

my stomach dropped at his words but i remembered he told me he would do better at being a boyfriend, so i had to trust that this was hunter we were talking about, the boy who would never cheat.