f o u r t e e n ✖️ i love you. or do i?

hunter's pov

it's been approximately one week since i've been blessed with the satisfaction of having cash as my sensational girlfriend.

since then, everyone has been rather accumulated to the over excursion of mine and her's time together. after all, since the beginning we were practically joined at the hip; always beside each other with glorious smiles and compelling plans.

even now, cash was silently sleeping, her head gently resting on my lap.

i looked at her blonde hair that dispersed unevenly into separate locks of gold, along with her blue eyes that hid precariously behind her closed eyelids.

"hunter?" i diverted my focused attention from the sleeping beauty on my lap to the all-to-familiar voice that beckoned me cautiously.

erica met my vision and her infectious blue eyes crinkled lightly at the curve of her lips.

she was dressed more relaxed than usual, accentuating her natural beauty.

she was wearing a pair of black leggings and a loose white adidas t-shirt, her normally sleek black hair now messily thrown into a bun.

she wasn't wearing any makeup, and if she was, it was the most subtle look of the century.

her addictive ocean eyes were framed behind coral-rimmed raybans, the past lenses now popped out and the bridge of the glasses wrapped in zebra print tape.

i bit my lip and looked away, afraid that my endless staring was starting to receive maximum notice. because even though it pained me, i always appreciated erica from a glance; how beautiful she looked despite her wispy personality.

and now, stripped down to her easy-going style, i felt my heart flutter and my cheeks heat up slightly.

stop it, hunter! you have a girlfriend! one that you would never wish such pain upon. you would rather die than be the cause of her heartbroken cries.

"hunter?" erica repeated, her eyebrows creased with what i was sure was faux worry.

"oh umm, yeah?" i coughed, trying to hide my lack of enthusiasm.

"just making sure she hasn't done anything... idiotic to you." erica spoke, her lips pursed and a grimace clear on her face.

"why would she do anything idiotic to me?" i questioned, watching erica as she stalked closer to where i was sitting.

"i know how you stare at me, hunt." she teased, her manicured index finger tracing a line across my chest. "it's okay, we can keep us a secret."

i gulped at her words, and as much as i hated it, something inside me tempted to leave cash sleeping on this couch as i left with erica and her games elsewhere.

"i can't, i wouldn't do that to cash. i love her." i licked my lips, pushing my thoughts deep to the back of my mind.

"please, you wouldn't even understand the concept of love if your soul mate came up to you and screamed in your face how much they loved you." erica protested, crossing her arms feverishly to her chest.

"and why do you say that?" i pressed further, leaning forward, being careful not to suffocate cash.

"because it's always like that these days." erica started, inhaling deeply as she took a seat on a separate couch. "they make you feel so special, and you return that deep, meaningful emotion, and then they claim that they 'love you', and next thing you know is they're frolicking off in the distance with some other person they now supposedly 'love.'"

i took a moment to let her words sink in, and even then, i knew i loved cash. i had to... right?

"sounds like you know the feeling." i accused airily.

erica's eyebrows dipped at my words and she sunk back into her seat, looking deep in thought.

"surprisingly, yes." she bit her lip, playing with her acrylic nails. "his name was marcus, and ever since he decided some chick named addison was better off with him, i've decided that it's best not to love, and only to please."

she smirked at me as her last words slipped past her lips, standing back up and walking towards me.

"so why not have some fun?" she whispered in my ear, causing sweat to shine along with forehead.

"i won't do it." i protested, standing up roughly.

the abrupt action caused cash to spring awake and she rubbed her neck in slight pain.

"what the hell?" she groaned, glaring as she looked up. her features softened worriedly as she looked between me and erica.

"it's not what it looks like, princess. i promise." i comforted her. all she did was nod and narrow her eyes at erica.

erica just smiled innocently, pulling her hair out of her messy bun and shaking the mop of black hair into an acceptable look.

"i'm here whenever you need me." erica whispered in my ear so only i could hear.

she pulled away and winked at me, causing a shiver to run down my spine.

i looked back at cash and placed my lips to hers, pulling away after a minute or so.

"i love you." she smiled and i gulped, breathing heavy, not being able to bring myself to say it back.

so i just nodded in response, leaving cash with a defined frown hanging low on her sad face.

✖️

oh no, erica is getting to hunter...😲 also, we have 600 reads already?! this is growing fast!! you guys should tell as many people as you can to read this story!! it makes me so happy!💞 i've been reading new moon since yesterday and i'm already more than half way through the book. #teamjacob 💖🔐✊🏼

don't forget to vote/comment!!!

peace out fish kraut✌🏼️<<i need help....