t w e n t y ✖️ everything and anything

cashlynn's pov

we were all in the car, driving silently along the newly paved highway, the radio playing an unfamiliar song quietly against the static sounds.

i still hadn't managed to forget everything that had happened, and the sympathetic frowns and silent conversations that i was receiving didn't help anything.

"cash, we're stopping by chick-fil-a, what do you want to eat?" cameron asked aloud, staring at me from the rearview mirror.

he was currently the one driving, slowly steering towards the drive through for my favorite fast food restaurant.

but just the thought of food made me sick to my stomach, making me cringe as he made it to the menu.

"i'm not hungry." i muttered, ignoring all the stares that i was starting to get.

cameron frowned heavily; a sight i hated to see especially knowing that i was the cause of it.

he shook his head warily before ordering everyone else's requests and pulling up to the drive through window to pay.

i tuned out from everyone else as they started getting their food, eating and smiling happily like life couldn't get better.

i didn't know if i loathed that they were so happy, or if i was jealous, or maybe even slightly happy that they forgot everything happening.

i guess i became so lost in my thoughts because i was soon being shouted at by all of the boys.

"cash, we're here!!" they all screamed one last time, making me jump in my spot.

i looked up to see the house, the one i grew up in, and suddenly, it didn't feel like home. because as much as it hurt, home was in his arms.

i shook my head lightly, not enough for anyone to notice, before i slipped out of the car with silence.

and that's all life was right now. silence. every single second, minute, and hour. silence. even the word itself was nothing more than a quiet whisper.

everyone else's words were nothing more than background noise for me and the main thing i could hear were my thoughts. and that's all that was loud; louder than i could handle. but no one else heard my thoughts, so that made it silent.

i looked up to see that everyone was staring at me standing there, quiet and still in the doorway.

but they weren't only looking at me, because as i looked up fully, i realized another pair of eyes staring directly at me like they could see through my soul.

him.

i couldn't help but look at him; beautiful, caring, amazing... him.

he had a bruised cheek bone, and by the way he stood, hunched over slightly with his right hand hovering over his belly, i supposed he had a bruise on his stomach as well.

i bit my lip hard, not being able to tear my eyes away from those inviting blue green orbs that always seemed to call out to me.

"cash?" he whispered so softly i could barely hear him.

but it was louder than my thoughts, immediately breaking the silent streak repetitively surrounding me.

i opened my mouth to respond, but i couldn't, remembering what he did to me.

"don't do this to me, please." i watched him speak with sad eyes.

those lips i used to kiss with passion quivered slightly, those eyes i used to lose myself in watering significantly.

"i'm sorry, baby girl. i'm so sorry." he cried, wiping at his tears roughly.

everyone else had let us be by then, leaving me feeling a little more comfortable.

"i am too." i managed to reply, my cracked voice barely audible through the slim air.

"please let me start over, princess." my heart only broke more as i saw him cry with his desperate words, especially as he called me the names i loved flowing from his lips. "i promise it didn't mean anything with erica. nothing at fucking all. you're all i have, cash. i know i'm stupid for what i did, but i can't live without you here in my arms. i love you so damn much it drives me insane."

with that said, he broke down into tears, something i hadn't seen since we were little kids.

"please, cash. you don't know how sorry i am." he sniffed, walking up to me slowly.

i didn't respond, only pulling him in for a hug.

he fell to his knees, crying silently as he buried his head in my stomach and wrapped his arms around my hips.

i played with his soft, wavy hair, tears slowly falling from my eyes.

this was home, right here with butterflies swarming my stomach, electric shocks running up and down my spine, and overall, safe in his arms.

after what felt like forever, he finally stood up, wiping away his tears and looking at me with red, blood shot, eyes.

"i'm sorry, cash. please give me another chance." he choked out, his words desperate with despair.

"i need time, h-hunter." i replied, my heart cracking just by using his name. "i love you too, and you broke my heart with that advantage."

he looked so depressed, like he had been shot, but eventually he nodded understandingly.

"just know that i'm going to do whatever it takes to get you back." he stated, his face still sad as he pulled me into one of his irresistible hugs.

i pulled away after a while, nodding as i looked him directly in the eyes.

he pointed at the necklace still hanging loosely around my neck, smiling lightly.

"because you're worth more than all the stars in my sky, you're the sunshine to my life, and you're the moon that puts me to sleep every night." he reminded me, making me smile inwardly.

all i did was nod, walking away and not turning back.

once i entered my room i fell on my bed, breaking down into unstoppable sobs, because i finally found something in my life that was worth everything and anything. and right now, i couldn't have it.

✖️

well this was kind of sad.... but i hope you liked it!!

MAKE SURE TO CLICK THE EXTERNAL LINK BECAUSE SEEING HUNTER CRY BROKE MY HEART FOR DAYS!!!!

don't forget to leave a vote/comment!!!

peace out desert drought✌🏼️