t w e n t y - t h r e e ✖️ obstacles

cashlynn's pov

soft lips, gentle touch, and warm eyes. all of it, daringly placed in front of me so only i could fulfill the decisions.

but i hated my thoughts; annoyingly nagging at my ears 24/7. so i ignored them, letting go and falling into his touch, kissing his smooth, pink lips.

and it felt great.

replenishing.

lively.

warm.

and even, right.

so once i pulled away, i immediately smiled, happy that for once, i ignored my thoughts; my eternal controlling mind.

but that smile fell from my lips after everything settled in. and it fell quickly, making me snap my eyes open.

because right in front of me was blake robert gray, one of my best friends, with his exposed feelings now dangling in the palms of my hands.

i could break him with the slightest wrong words, but i could also hurt hunter by leaving him with nothing to hold onto.

"i'm s-sorry, blake. i wasn't thinking." i chuckled nervously as i blinked away from his stare.

but i didn't have to look to know he had a frown hanging low on his swollen lips. i could feel it. blake was a happy person, and everything went sad once he did.

"but you kissed back." he whispered, and i swore i heard his voice whimper.

i looked up and noticed a single tear rested on the brim of his right eye. and there again, i hurt someone that meant something to me.

"blake, you know i love hunter." i replied with a gentle tone.

"if you loved him, you wouldn't have kissed me." he interjected, his face turning sadder and sadder by the second.

"it was a mistake." i shook my head as i shot back with a explanation.

"right," he bit his lip, his eyes filling with more tears. "because i-i'm a mistake?"

a tear fell from his eye and my heart broke slightly.

"no! you are not a mistake! i was j-just..."

"it's alright, cashlynn. no need to explain. you love hunter, and i love you, and there's no connection for you to love me back." blake retorted, simplicity slipped through his husky voice.

"you love me?" i asked, shocked with his words.

blake frowned even deeper and then chuckled lightly.

"it's ironic, isn't it?" he started, wiping away his tears. "you ignore the people that adore you and adore the people that ignore you."

i felt tears crawl to my eyes at his words, leaving me with a sad face and a sad heart.

"b-blake..." i stuttered, watching him step away from me. "i didn't know."

he shook his head with more tears falling from his crystal blue eyes. "i have loved you ever since i set eyes on you. even hunter knew that, but he took you before i had the chance to start something special."

tears started falling from my eyes as i stepped closer to him; leaving him stepping back each time.

"stop crying." he demanded, his face hard with no emotions left. "you stabbed me a thousand times, then acted like you were the one bleeding."