t h i r t e e n ✖️ prince charming

cashlynn's pov

growing up, i was always told that one day, i would find my prince charming; his slick hair molded to perfection like a ken barbie doll, his muscular, brave figure hoisted on an expensive leather saddle mounted to the back of a pure white horse, and his defined, sharp sword heroically gripped in the palm of his loving hands. he would be the epitome of a knight in shining armor.

but as i glided along the newly paved streets of chino hills, my contemporary, pristine penny board lodged beneath my white vans and my fingers intertwined with the boy next to me, i liked to differ with the fabled tale.

because deep in my heart and a lost thought in my mind, i knew that maybe, just maybe hunter could finally be my prince charming dressed as an average individual.

he didn't need the royal label, or the brightly shining clad, because after all of the so told necessities, all that mattered was that he had my heart, to cherish and to hold.

"cash, we're here." hunter spoke, making me drift away from my thoughts.

i looked at our surroundings, only to realize we were standing at the edge of a forest lining that sat atop a hill.

"why here?" i asked curiously, studying the pine needles that fell generously onto the combination soil.

"not here, silly." hunter laughed at my assumptions. "we have to hike the hill for about a mile or so."

i looked at him like i had just heard him recite the whole entire declaration of independence.

"if i would have known we would hike a mountain, i would have dressed differently." i laughed, playing with the ends of my hair nervously.

"it will be fine, princess. i promise it will be worth it." hunter reassured softly, before he approached me and kissed my forehead softly.

my face heated up just at the small touch of him and i smiled in delight as he ran his hand up and down my waist.

"okay, only because you said so." i agreed, starting to walk up a small path in the forest.

hunter followed beside me, his hand still clutching to mine like i was only for him to hold.

by now it was about 2 o' clock, and i was starting to wonder if we were ever going to get to our destination.

suddenly, hunter stopped in his tracks. he took a left and then we started walking again.

it only took about five minutes until hunter said we were almost there.

"okay, i'm going to cover your eyes with my hands, and then i'm going to lead you to the place." hunter stated and i nodded, letting him place his hands over my eyes.

thankfully, we didn't bump into any trees and i didn't trip over any loose brush on the ground.

"we're here, cash." i heard hunter say, his voice laced with a hint of relief.

he removed his hands from my sight and it took me a second or two to adjust to the view.

once i did, i immediately covered my mouth in awe.

in front of me was a blanket with a woven picnic basket set aside, as well as numerous flowers scattered around the base. white christmas lights snaked through the edges of the blanket and tangled itself with some flowers.

but the most miraculous part was the location.

everything was located on a safe cliff that overlooked the towns and cities below.

up here, it was like time itself froze. and the only thing living was the ones standing atop the cliff; me and hunter. all war turned to art, and all violence turned to peace.

"h-hunter, i don't know what to say!" i managed to breath out, biting my lip because i felt the urge to scream in excitement.

"you don't need to say anything." i felt hunter wrap his arms around my waist and his face rest in the crook of my neck.

"thank you, hunter." i said, my voice barely above a whisper.

"anything for you, baby girl." my eyes watered up at his words, and i knew how truly lucky i was to have hunter in my life.

"let's eat now." he suggested and i nodded, both of us taking a seat on the plaid blanket.

i remembered this blanket from previous picnics me and hunter went on as kids. it made my insides smile even more that he decided to use it again.

"now i know it's your favorite picnic food, so here you go, princess." hunter stated, handing me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

i blushed and grabbed the sandwich from his hands.

"you didn't have to do all of this." i told him, taking a bite of the pb&j.

"but i did." he retorted, playing with my hair. "because i want you to know that no matter what happens to us, i will always care for you. in this world or the next, i will be there by your side. as a best friend, and a lover."

i set down my sandwich, confused by his words.

"what i'm trying to say is, will you, cashlynn alexianna dallas, not only be my best friend, but my amazing, beautiful girlfriend?" he asked, his blue green eyes sparkling in the gold flare of the sun.

i jumped into his arms, my heart beating slowly, yet so quickly at his words.

"yes, hunter. yes, yes, yes. oh my gosh, yes!" i cried, pulling back and placing my lips to his.

i felt the upmost passion in that kiss, like it was my life line itself. the rhythm of his lips sent shock waves of pure bliss throughout my body and when we eventually pulled away, i knew what i was living for. it was all for him. it was all for hunter bryce rowland.

"if i lay here, if i just laid here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?" hunter sang and i melted at his angelic voice.

"forget what were told, before we get too old, show me a garden that's bursting into life." i sang next and i didn't wait for hunter to sing again because i placed my lips to his, kissing him once more.

i pulled away after a minute or so, and when i opened my eyes, i immediately had the biggest smile on my face.

i was officially hunter's, and hunter was officially mine.

"one last thing, i wanted to give this to you in honor of our relationship." hunter smiled, handing me a rectangular box.

i bit my lip as i pulled the top off, gasping inwardly as i saw a beautiful necklace sitting inside.

it was a simple amber chain with a star, sun, and moon charm dangling at the end.

"because you're worth more than all the stars in my sky, you're the sunshine to my life, and you're the moon that puts me to sleep every night." hunter whispered, explaining why he got the necklace.

i handed the jewelry to him, gesturing for him to put it on me. he got the memo and did so, leaving me in a state of emotional happiness.

"i love you so much hunt." i said, pulling him in a hug.

"i love you more, princess." he replied back in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"not possible, prince charming."

✖️

i know i said i would update this weekend but my wrist is feeling a lot better and who cares about schedules?😂 anyways i hope you liked this update because it's official!!💞🔐

don't forget to vote/comment! and follow me!!💜👑

peace out no doubts✌🏼️< this i why i have no friends