t w e n t y - f o u r ✖️ sincerely

cashlynn's pov

one week; time nothing more than a clock slowly ticking and tocking, yet everything feeling frozen in place. one week since blake left, unannounced; a silent escape. one week of tentative silence. one week of blatant sadness.

so here i was, and i here i am, sitting motionless on the couch with my legs criss-crossed and my arms folded in my lap.

i only hoped, and lately that seemed like all i had been doing. hoping that my little rascal of a friend would come marching through the front door with boisterous laughter, assuring me it was all a joke.

that this past week, all of the tears, the pain of him being gone, was a joke.

but of course that wasn't the case, and it was all true. blake was truly gone, and no one knew if he'd come strolling back.

my thoughts were disrupted by footsteps thumping down the wooden staircase, but nonetheless i stayed still, looking down at my frozenly folded hands.

"damnit." i heard a husky voice whisper.

the person stepped to my side, taking a seat next to me and putting their hand cautiously on my shoulder like i was a butterfly with frail wings bound to break momentarily.

"don't do this, cash. it's not healthy." said the concerned voice.

it's not healthy? what's not healthy is not having blake here, pleasing me with his ridiculous jokes that didn't deserve laughter.

"please, cash. it's been one week. don't close yourself off just because he left." the voice begged. "it's just blake."

the last sentence made my head snap up with fury. i turned and saw cameron was the one attempting to console me.

"how could you say that?" i asked, my voice scratchy from the minimum amount of talking i had done. "it's not 'just' blake! if it were you the one that left i would be the exact same way. and even then, it wouldn't be 'just' you. blake is more than what you guys praise him for. he was one of my best friends."

cameron seemed more frustrated than understanding, leaving him shaking his head agitatedly and standing up.

"don't you understand?! you are my younger sister! i'm not just going to sit here and watch you cry over someone who isn't coming back!" he yelled.

"you don't know that!" i shot back, standing up furiously.

"but i do." cameron muttered, breathlessly.

i was confused for a second, because i had always thought that he would come back. i thought everyone hoped for that too.

"how?" i crossed my arms, swallowing back the tears of regret in my throat.

cameron shook his head, putting his hands on his head and tapping his foot impatiently.

"c'mere." he suddenly spoke up, walking away towards upstairs.

i stayed still before making up my mind and following him to who knows where.

i finally found him standing in one of our many guest bedrooms; the one blake stayed in.

the bed was neatly made like it had never been used and all of the items that used to be in the dresser and in the closet were all missing.

everything i wanted to see was gone...

my eyes scanned the room in search for some sign that he actually existed when suddenly, i found a white piece of paper precisely folded to perfection resting on the top of his nightstand.

i slowly approached the paper, looking at cameron. he looked sorry now, his face sad before he left the room.

i assumed he read it already, so i picked it up and unfolded it softly.

i read over the letter numerous times, and by the end, i didn't know how i felt.

the letter was messy yet manageable to read. he wrote and i read.

dear cash,

i'm sorry. i told you i couldn't promise anything. i couldn't promise staying, i couldn't promise being there for you, and i couldn't promise your happiness. and you deserve those promises; forever to be kept, to be held, to be guarded, and to be granted. so i'm leaving. because, as much as it hurts, i'm not good for you. and you're simply not good for me. we're not good for each other. so i'm sorry. i'm so fucking sorry. but i can tell you one thing that i hope you will forever remember. i. love. you. i love you, cashlynn alexianna dallas. and there will always be a part of me that loves you, with every single piece of that part. so i hope hunter does you good. i hope that he can give you everything i couldn't. and i hope by doing so, you become happy. because it's either you're happy and i'm sad, or i'm happy and you're sad. and i hate that. so may hunter treat you well. and please, don't be sad. don't mope around. don't lock yourself away from everyone. don't mourn my escape. i'm not dead. so don't wait for me. there's no use in watering dead flowers. i love you, and i hope this isn't goodbye. i hope i'll be back. i hope... that you love me too.

sincerely, your best friend,

blake robert gray <3

i set the letter down after i finished reading it one last time, and instead of crying, or frowning, or anything else of the sort, i smiled. because it's what blake wanted, and it's what i craved.

so i smiled.

"babe?" i turned around and saw hunter.

he looked shocked once he saw me smiling brightly but he immediately smiled back.

i ran and threw myself in his arms, loosely wrapping my arms around his shoulders and kissing him with passion.

he responded almost immediately, kissing back and wrapping his warm hands around my waist.

"i love you so much hunter." i smiled, pulling away from the kiss and setting my forehead on his.

"i love you so much too, cash. and i want to spend the rest of my life with you." he kissed me once again and looked me deeply in the eyes with his enchanting blue green eyes. "i know i messed up, but please, will you make me the happiest guy on the earth again and be my girlfriend?"

i thought back on everything that's happened; all the ups, all the downs, all the tears, and all the smiles. i thought of what blake wanted.

"yes."

✖️

i lied, this is the last chapter.... then there will be an epilogue and then.... it's over😭😭😭😭😭😭 i'm sorry.

well please vote/comment!!!

peace out checkout✌🏼️