t e n ✖️ heart like yours

(a/n i suggest you listen to the songs, 'heart like yours' by willamette stone and also 'chasing cars' by whoever it's by when reading this chapter)

t e n ✖️ heart like yours

cashlynn's pov

my legs ached from the distance i was running, along with the frantic pace attached to my will.

i still heard hunter hot on my trail though, his panting breath yelling at me relentlessly to come back, stop running, and to listen to what he had to say.

"cash, please!"

i pushed the words to the back of my mind as i did the last hundred times, my head still clouded with the resentful image of hunter's lips melted to erica's like butter.

what did i do? where did i go wrong? i just wanted hunter to be mine and for me to be his.

i felt blue, and hunter was red, and together, we were nothing but different souls looking for our match.

millions of desolate thoughts passed my mess of a mind as i slowed down.

i couldn't take the judgements anymore, nor could i catch my breath from the exploiting amount of running.

i collapsed to my knees in the soft green grass next to me, covering my tear-pooled eyes with my shaking hands.

the dark, night sky made the world feel less protective and the bright moon made me feel less capable.

"cash!" hunter ran up to me, his face red with exhaustion and differing emotions.

"what hunter?! what!" i spoke up loudly, my voice barely able to speak without choking on my tears.

"please baby girl-" he proceeded to say but i made sure to stop him there.

"don't." my voice cracked, barely audible next to the loud heaves of breaths escaping our torn lungs. "please, d-don't."

hunter pressed his lips in a firm line, silent as i sat on the ground, crying quietly under the sparkling stars.

my eyes were closed and i felt cold, besides the rather warm air in california.

i felt someone wrap their heated arms around my shivering body, and i leaned into their embrace, my tears falling heavily.

"why did i deserve this?" i asked aloud, not caring who could have possibly heard.

all i needed to know was why in the world, the love of my life had to break my heart.

yes, the love of my life. i love hunter bryce rowland, and i needed to know why i wasn't enough.

"you did nothing, baby. you are absolutely perfect." a voice whispered in my ear, wrapping me tighter in their hold.

i looked up to see hunter and i shook my head quickly, pushing him off of me.

"just stop! go back to erica!" i shouted, standing up and stumbling backwards.

"cash please listen when i say that i didn't want to!" hunter ran a desperate hand through his hair, his eyes starting to shine.

"then why?" i whimpered, biting my lip to stop it from wobbling.

"i'm not going to lie and say that i didn't think erica was kind of pretty when she walked in through the door." hunter sighed and i paused in my steps. "but i didn't mean to hurt you, cash."

"then why do it hunter? why fucking do it?!" i screamed, setting my hand on my forehead.

"how could a heart like yours, ever love a heart like mine?" hunter whispered, closing his eyes, a single tear falling down his cheek.

my heart broke at the sight and i desperately wanted to comfort him, but i needed him to finish answering my question.

"what do you mean?" i murmured and he wiped away the tear, taking a deep breath.

"cash, i want to be with you. but you were worried about the hate, the fans, you were worried about it all, so i figured you didn't want to be in a relationship." hunter shook his head lightly. "i needed to heal the break in my heart, darling. and erica happened to be the first opportunity."

i listened to hunter's words, my mind still confused whether to trust him or not.

"but i wanted us to be real, hunter. i just didn't want us to be real and then suddenly, we're ruined and we have nothing left." i explained, taking one step towards him, my tears still falling down my face.

"then why blake?" hunter asked, his eyes sad as he took a step back.

"i wanted to see if you possibly still liked me. i wanted to see if you stayed true to your word."

i took another step closer, my tears finally starting to slow.

hunter took a step towards me next, and then it was me, and then him, and so on until we were face to face, his forehead touching mine. 

he gently lifted his thumbs to my tear stained cheeks, wiping away the remains of the salty liquid.

"if i just laid here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?" hunter sang and i smiled lightly.

"let's waste time, chasing cars, around our heads." i sang next, looking into hunter's eyes.

"i don't care, even if the world is against us, i will always love you." hunter whispered and i bit my lip, closing my eyes to his words.

"i love you too, hunt."

and then his lips, with a warning label attached, were interlocked with my own...

✖️

omg i'm proud of myself!!! i hope this was good!!! 

please vote/comment!!!

peace out✌🏼️