Chapter Twenty-Two: The Worried Boy

chapter twenty-two word count: 4401 words

Niall is the best thing that could have ever happened to the universe. I'm honestly not sure if the world would go on the same without him. Actually, it wouldn't. It couldn't, if we're talking about my world, anyways. It seems every time I think I've got Niall all figured out, that I know everything about him there is to love, something else just as sweet shows up.

For example, earlier today Niall came across my movie collection, and excitedly pulled out every Marvel movie he could find. Niall loves superheroes, especially The Avengers. He tells me that Captain America is G's favorite, and once the little boy found out that he could watch them, that's exactly what he demanded. Of course, Niall and I both were completely fine with having a lazy day with G, movie marathons and popcorn fights all day.

Since we don't start the movies until about noon, Grayson only makes it to Iron Man 3 before falling asleep around eight-thirty, leaving an opportunity to watch the rest of the series another time. He's completely out, right on top of Niall's chest, his pacifier hung out of his mouth as he breathes in slowly. I still can't get over that his favorite pacifier glows in the dark, something only Niall would buy for the baby. Niall looks like he's about to fall asleep too, his eyelashes fluttering slightly every few breaths. Niall and Grayson look so much like alike like this, eyes closed and lips comfortably puffed out.

They've got the same nose, the same lips, and the same eyes. The only thing of Grayson's that doesn't seem to come distinctly from Niall could be his chin, or possibly his ears. Maybe that's the reason no one has really been able to question that I'm G's mom; there's not many features left to debate over once you take away the things he gets from Niall. I can't really help myself from leaning in, just around G, and pressing a soft kiss to Niall's cheek, just near his eye. He's so beautiful, especially when he sleeps, when he's not really doing anything in particular.

The smile that immediately spreads across Niall's cheeks instantly has the same effect on me, even though I wasn't really expecting him to respond to the kiss. He opens his eyes then, a smiling quality to them as well. He puckers his lips, crossing his eyes slightly when he exaggeratedly looks down towards his mouth. I quickly do exactly as he's just asked, leaning back in and pressing a longer kiss to his lips, his smile rising yet again. I've don't think I'll ever get used to the feeling of his smile against mine.

A soft alarm breaks up the moment we're having, though, Niall's eyebrows lifting slightly as he looks over his shoulder to the nightstand behind him, his phone buzzing softly. It's the alarm for Ollie's medication, and Niall groans slightly when he realizes that. He begins to turn a bit, obviously preparing to get up and go give Ollie his medicine, but I hold onto his shoulder, keeping him in bed.

"I'll get it." I say, rolling out of bed and walking around to the Niall's side while he looks at me apprehensively.

"You sure?" Niall asks as I turn off the alarm, plugging his phone in when I realize it's come unplugged sometime in the last hour. I nod at that, crawling back onto the bed on my knees quickly and pressing a kiss down into Niall's hair.

"You've got G. I don't mind," I kiss Grayson's little forehead before continuing, "be back soon." I whisper, and Niall nods, smiling gently up at me as I begin to walk away.

"Hey." Niall says suddenly when I reach the door, causing me to turn around to face him, his eyes lit up adorably, G still sleeping soundly against his chest. "I love you." Niall smiles it out tenderly, a soft sparkle in his eyes.