Chapter Twenty-Five: The Family Boy

Chapter Twenty-Five word count: 5,649 words

(a/n: if you like this chapter of wack please, please vote for it !!! it really helps me out and lets me know what you like/dislike about the story ! )

The hospital figures out quite quickly that they need to move us all somewhere more private once the Styles family arrives. Maybe Niall and I can deal with the few people that notice us, Elliot as well, but with adding three more extremely famous people in addition to their parents, well, that's a bit too hectic for even the most organized hospital. They've decided to move us to a room not too far from the actual waiting area. I'm not really sure what the room is meant to be used for, but theres a TV on the wall, and nice couches and chairs spread around the room, as well as a table in the corner with a few chairs surrounding it. It reminds me more of a lounge than a waiting room or conference room.

Even though I knew he was coming, I'm still extremely surprised that Hayden managed to fly all this way after having surgery on his back so recently. It's obvious he's in quite a bit of pain, but he doesn't mention it. Gemma is here as well, but they had dropped both her husband and Jensen off at Harry's house, along with everyone's luggage, before coming here because the tiny child had been extremely fussy today. I meet Harry's dad as well as his step-father for the first time, and they both seem incredibly nice. The only thing I wasn't prepared for is how tall they all are. Everyone in the Styles family towers over me immensely, and if it weren't for Niall hovering close by me at all times, I'd definitely feel a bit intimidated.

Anne requests to see Ollie immediately upon arriving, which is exactly what I assumed would happen. The second she asks about it, however, all I can think about is that Elliot is currently in Ollie's room. Elliot would probably like to see Anne just as much as she'd like to see him: preferably not at all. However, they both love Ollie, so I don't see that confrontation not happening. It worries me nonetheless, since Anne has a history of being quite territorial of Ollie, especially when it comes to his boyfriend. It doesn't make much sense to me, but it still worries me with how fragile Elliot is right now. She's about to go into Ollie's room and kick him out; I just know it.

When Niall leads Anne and Harry to Ollie's room, only one or two people allowed in it at any given time, I follow as well. I know Elliot's going to be quite distraught about being pulled from the room suddenly, and I'd really like to be there for him. I've never thought about it before this moment, but this whole thing is probably far more terrifying for Elliot than it is for anyone else. Besides the obvious reasons for him being frightened and upset, the entire family of his boyfriend has just suddenly showed up, and he's only ever met Harry and Anne. Elliot has absolutely no idea who in Ollie's family even knows about him, or even knows that Ollie's dating a boy. How terrifying that must be: to not know what he can say to who out of fear that he'll be going against what Ollie wants.

When we get to the room I manage to convince Anne to let me tell Elliot that he's got to go back to the waiting room instead of them, and she agrees reluctantly. I feel bad the second I walk into the room, Ollie still in his insanely pitiful state, and Elliot sitting in a chair close to the bed, his head resting against Ollie's thigh as he holds onto Ollie's hand. I would think he's asleep if it weren't for the way he running his thumb over the back of Ollie's hand soothingly. It's the sweetest gesture, Elliot trying to comfort Ollie without even knowing if Ollie's aware of it in the first place. Elliot's been in here for at least six hours without leaving. We haven't been able to get him to leave Ollie, not yet. There's no doubt he must be hungry, thirsty, and most likely exhausted. Even though Niall and I haven't slept in over a day, it's been even longer than that for Elliot and I'm surprised he hasn't fallen asleep yet.