Chapter One: The Fatherly Boy

It seems like I should feel comfortable arriving at an arena where I've performed a couple of times before, but honestly I couldn't be more nervous. I'm not the one performing, and I suppose that's the reason I'm nervous; does that even make sense? One Direction is performing the second to last show before the end of their 2017 tour tonight. I haven't talked to any of them in years, but since we're lined up to collaborate on a new song sometime in the next year, they thought it would be a good idea for me to come to their last two shows to get a feel for their new sound, both of which being at the O2 Arena in London.

A security guard opens my car door far faster than I'd like, forcing me to choke down any of my nerves and climb out of the car, thanking him quietly before hurrying through the rain and into the door being held open for me at the back of the arena. It takes nearly twenty minutes for me to be escorted to the dressing room where the boys are being held tonight, a ridiculous amount of people swarming around the room, most of them laughing or talking quietly amongst themselves.

"Demi! Glad you could make it!" A voice sounds behind me. I turn my head to see Louis, already dressed in his stage clothes, smiling at me gently as he walks over. 

"Thanks for inviting me." I tell him and he simply shrugs, slipping his hands into his pockets. He looks as if he's about to respond, but he's distracted by the loud yell of a child.

"Daddy!"  Louis looks around the room instantly, obviously recognizing the small voice. Not seconds later, a toddler slams into his leg, grasping onto it for dear life. Louis laughs at this, bending down and scooping up the child in his arms, giggles radiating throughout the room. If I'm right, Louis has one kid: Jamie. I haven't seen Jamie since he was only a few months old, but this little boy is definitely him. In this industry, being twenty-six and already having a two year-old son and a wife is going pretty fast. I don't know how he keeps up with tours and work while still finding the time to be with his family. It's definitely admirable.

Not long after that, Louis' wife walks into the room and spots him instantly, walking up to us and greeting him quietly. I've never really understood how such a quiet person married Louis. I don't know how she deals with his boisterous nature while being so shy, honestly, but I guess there's a person for everyone.

I'm surprised to see that Eleanor is decently pregnant, hand resting against the swell of her stomach as she leans her head against Louis' shoulder. I honestly had no idea that she and Louis were expecting their second child. However, Eleanor is still one of the most gorgeous people I've met, even whilst being evidently uncomfortable. It's interesting to see Louis place Jamie back on the floor and rub the small of Eleanor's back gently as he murmurs a few things to her. I guess he does get a bit quieter when talking to her, a gentleness in his voice that is nonexistent otherwise.

"Demi, you know El." Louis mentions with his eyes raised, like he's wondering if his statement is true. Eleanor blushes a bit and smiles at me when I nod. Back when I dated Niall, I went to quite a few One Direction concerts, hanging out with Eleanor backstage when we both inevitably got bored. Where is Niall, actually? Looking around the room, I spot both of the other boys, but not Niall. He's nowhere to be found. I was really hoping to talk to him before the show. It's been a while, and I can't deny that I've missed his loud, energetic chatter.

"Jamie, love, please get up." Eleanor asks her toddler gently, the little boy sprawled out on the floor as he struggles to hold onto Louis' foot. Everyone seems to notice the child and just carefully steps over or around him as they walk around the room, but I can see why Eleanor would be nervous about it. Louis seems to take things into his own hands and bends down to lift Jamie up off the floor and into his arms, the little boy giggling loudly as Louis tickles his sides. Jamie seems to be quite the handful, very energetic and very loud. However, if Eleanor can deal with Louis, she can most certainly deal with this miniature version of him.