Twenty-Nine.

Chapter 29:

"Then be my girlfriend," he blurted out, making my heart stop, my eyes grow wide, and my breathing pattern stutter.

I felt like running again. I truly did. I could not believe what I was hearing. This was my hope, no doubt, but it did not seem real. Was Harry being serious? Did he think this was a game? He knew how fragile I was.

Once I moved a muscle, a light touch came to my shoulder. "Piper stop running away from me. I don't want you to do that anymore. Stay with me. Be mine, if you'd like. Be my girlfriend."

His green eyes shone in the faint street light. He said it seriously that time.

"I know what your doing," I said. "And I don't appreciate it." I said slowly.

"But this is what you want, right? Me to stop being with other girls? It's just you now," Harry put both of his hands slowly next to my face as I leaned against the car and he whispered in my ear. Chills ran their way down my spine.

This is what I wanted. Of course it was and Harry knew it, maybe even more than I did. There was no denying it now.

He tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear, making me almost melt in his delicate touch. He leaned in to me but I took a sharp breath, making his head retreat.

Too many things were still floating in my drunk head. "I need time," I decided to say, resting my hands on his broad chest.

"Time," he whispered, looking at my hands. "Time? You want time? Time for you to make a decision? Time for me to make a better decision?" His voice scared me. I had just made him angry.

"Do you know how many girls I've asked to be my girlfriend? Huh?" Harry's eyes now glared at me, all the passion gone.

"None?" I breathed out, not daring to look him in the eye. He was Harry Styles after all, I knew the answer.

"Exactly none! And I chose to ask you, and you want time?" Harry said while backing up. "Fine," he said and walked around the car. "Here you go Piper Armstrong. Here's your time!"

My eyes watched as he fled back into Rebecca's house.

What had I just done? I truly needed time to think. I wanted him to ask me when I was sober. Not like I was at the moment. But with one simple sentence, he was gone. I had hoped that he would oblige by my request, but I knew nothing ever went smoothly with Harry.

I tear rolled down my cheek as I started walking in my painful heels back to the party. Where else was I going to go?

I wanted this so bad but I never really thought it would happen and I freaked.

A new face was at the bar, Mandy, and she was now talking with Lexie. Ben was no where to be found.

"What's wrong hun?" Lexie asked. "You look like you need another drink."

"Um yes please," I said and softly smiled. Lexie handed me a beer and without second guessing myself, I took some sips.

'Company' by Justin Bieber was now playing getting everyone dancing on the floor. Mandy walked away to dance, not saying a single word to me, as if I wasn't even next to her.

I looked down the hallway and into the living room. Harry sat on the couch, drinking a beer, not associating with anyone. He looked so mellow, vulnerable. What had I just done to him?

"Piper!" I heard Ben yell behind me and my attention went to him. "I've been looking for you everywhere."

"Oh," I muttered and scratched my head. Harry now caught my gaze, staring a hole into me. He looked at Ben and back to me.

"Care to dance?" Ben asked me.

"Not right now. I'm sorry. I have to do something." I turned away from him and to Harry. Harry quickly got up from the couch and started walking away, leaving his beer on a side table.

I followed after him. "Harry," I said to get his attention.

"What?" He spat while still waking towards where everyone was dancing.

"Wait. Stop," I said and he automatically turned around.

"I'm giving you space and time like you asked, am I not?" Harry questioned.

"I made my decision," I said, trying to smile and make him smile too.

"Cool. I think Ben would love to hear it," he growled.

"What?" I asked, confused. He started to walk away but I spoke up. "I guess what I am trying to say is that you caught me by surprise out there and I didn't truly say what I felt."

He stopped, turned around, and looked me in the eyes. "How do you feel, then?" Harry asked slowly.

"I like you, Harry, a lot. And I want to be your girlfriend," I said confidently.

He cracked a smirk that slowly fell into a smile. And with all the confidence I could build up, I wrapped my arms around his neck and crashed my lips into his.

After a minute we both pulled away breathless. "Good," Harry said contently.

"Take me home, Harry," I said breathlessly.

"My pleasure."