Cinq

Gerard

After school I had Mikey take me to the park so I could draw.

I heard someone sit down next to me and they started strumming a guitar. As to give them space I scooted to the other side of the bench.

"I was fine with you sitting there." A familiar voice rang out in the quiet park.

"Ray?" I questioned.

"Yeah, what's up Gerard?" So I was right, it was Ray.

"I was just drawing. Why are you here?"

"I come out here once a week and play hoping people will pay me." He said contentedly.

"Do they?"

"Yeah, on bad days the least I get is fifteen dollars." He chuckled. "I'll leave you to your drawings then. See you tomorrow Gerard."

"You too Ray." I heard his footsteps getting quieter and started drawing again.

"I wish I knew what I was drawing." I mumbled to myself.

"It's a graveyard. It's really nice too." He sat down next to me and rested his head on my shoulder. He sighed like he was running to get here.

"What's wrong Iero?" I questioned him, he was weird, if only I knew what he looked like.

"My family. My moms always drunk and my dad abuses me." I heard him gasp. "I didn't mean to say that!"

His dad abuses him. He probably has scars and bruises all over his body but my stupid eyes decide they don't want to see it!

"Frank. Your dad abuses you?" I hope I heard him wrong.

"Yeah, but you are the only one that knows. Please don't tell anyone. My moms pregnant, I want to be there for the little one."

"Frank, you can't keep this a secret for nine months! More than nine months!"

"That's the thing Gerard, I've been doing it for ten years."

"How old are you?"

"Sixteen. I haven't had a proper conversation with someone since I was six. You were the first person I've spoken to for ten years." Ten years, he hasn't spoken since he was six.

"I'm sixteen too." I told him. "Wait! I was the first person you've spoken to in ten years?" All because I started to draw him, and I didn't even know.

"Um...Gerard? Can I stay the night at your house?" He asked me.

I couldn't deny him, I didn't want him to go home and get another bruise I couldn't see.

"Anytime Iero."

Longest chapter so far. And just to clarify one more time: Gerard and Mikey are fraternal twins.

So long
-Egg