Quatorze

Gerard

"Frank?" I ran my fingers over the bed hoping I could feel him, at least feel something, but all I got was the feeling of sheets. I moved over to the other side of the bed when I kicked something.

"Frank?" I placed my hand on the ground and felt liquid. Liquid?

"Mom! Mikey! Come here quick!" I heard them running towards my room.

"Gerard! What happened?!" My mother asked frantically.

"I-I dunno. Is it Frank?" I stuttered out. What did the dipshit do?!

"Yeah, don't worry, Mikey wash him up." She ordered, I heard her dial a number.

"Come on Gerard." Mikey lifted me off the ground and walked me out of my room.

"What happened?" I whispered, afraid to here my own voice because I knew I did this to him.

"It's fine Gerard, mom will handle it." He was on edge, I could feel it in his grip on my arm, and the sound of his voice.

"Hello? Hi, my sons friend, he was spending the night, I think he attempted suicide. What do I do?" I could hear my mother in the other room. Suicide? The liquid, it was blood! He slit his wrists!

I heard sirens near by. They were coming for him.

"Mikey, we have to be at the hospital when he's there. Drive me please?" I whispered again. I didn't want him to hear me, if he could hear me.

"Okay, let's go Gee."

Mikey helped me too the car, as soon as we left he told me the ambulance pulled in.

"What hospital was it for?" I asked.

"Belleville. Do you know why he did it?"

I shivered, it was my fault. I yelled at him, then acted like nothing was wrong. "Yeah, I yelled at him for not telling me what was on his locker, then he ran away, when I came home from the park, he was sleeping in my room, he was shaking too, like it was a nightmare. So he woke up, and I talked to him trying to apologize but he wouldn't accept it. It's all my fault isn't it Mikey?!" And then I started to sob.

Mikey pulled over to let the ambulance carrying my best friend through. He started driving again, following it practically.

"Hello, how may I help you?" The nurse at the ER desk asked.

"The suicide, when can we see him?" Mikey said. I didn't like the term he used 'the suicide'. It made him sound dead.

"In about thirty minutes." The woman said too cheerfully. Mikey took me to a seat and told me to stay there. I heard him pacing. Frank was as much of a friend to Mikey as he was to me.

"Party for Frank Iero?" The nurse said, butchering his last name. Why were we a party, more like a funeral.

I stood up and grabbed Mikey's arm and he lead me to Frank's room. As soon as I walked in, I could sense where he was.

"Frank! Are you okay? I'm so sorry." I said flinging my arms over his body.

"I'm fine, but I broke our promise." He said, his voice gravelly.

"I don't care about a stupid promise! As long as you tell me what's going on next time!" I demanded.

"Somethings I'm keeping to myself. Like why I never talked before I met you, or what happened in the bathroom with Mikey." He started to laugh, which resulted in a coughing fit.

"You perv." I said, punching him in the arm.

"Are you okay Frank?" Mikey spoke up.

"I'm fine, I promise, I just have to stay here for a little while."

"But we need you for the band!" I interjected.

"Bring the band here then!"I knew he was smiling behind the black curtain in front of my eyes.

So there you go, so, you know Frank's back story, what about Gerard's. All soon to come.

So long
-Egg