Vingt-Sept

Gerard

"Frank Iero?" Frank stood up shakily and I stood up and grabbed his hand. It's been three weeks since his mom died. He has been living with us, and my mom is officially his legal guardian. That means, he's finally getting the procedure to save his life.

"Which one of you is Frank?" I stared at the woman. It was pretty obvious, for who was here for the transfusion.

"I am." Frank whispered. He's weaker than he was, half of the time not getting out of bed.

"This way please." She stood up and walked out from behind the desk.

"I love you Gee." He mouthed.

"I love you, too." I mouthed in response.

They sent me out, because it was going to take a while, so I walked aimlessly around town. After a few minutes I got a call.

"Ger-Gerard?" Mikey's voice wavered over the receiver.

"What's wrong?" Was it Frank? Or our mom?

"Frank, Frank, he did-n't make i-it." He started to sob. I dropped to the ground and started crying as well. I told him he was going to live, and I was wrong. I lied to my baby.

I snapped up in bed. It was just a dream.

"What's wrong Gee?" Frank sat up next to me.

"I-I had a nightmare, don't worry about it." My face was damp, I was crying.

"Tell me please?" He whispered. The dream wasn't wrong, Frank was weak.

"It was about you. You died, and then I woke up. It was so real Frank!" He hugged me while I cried into his shoulder. We stayed like that until the sun came up.

"I'm gonna stay alive Gerard, if not for me, then for you." And he held me again, just sitting there.

"I'll never let it take the light behind your eyes."

I love you Jess!!

So long
-Kess