Treize

Frank

"Come on we're going to the park." A six year old boy ran out of his room and into his mother's soft embrace.

"I wanna go to the music store though."

"Next time sweetheart." The mother said, cradling her inflated stomach.

"Okay, when's she gonna be born?" The boy asked her.

"Soon honey." She grabbed his hand and they walked to the park together.

The boy walked down the sidewalk, chattering away. The park soon came into view and he ran. His mother calling him frantically.

"Frank! Frank get back here! I can't ru-" she tripped on an uneven piece of cement.

"Mommy? Mommy get up!" Frank nudged her. "HELP!!! My mommies not responding!" He yelled.

Another park goer saw him and called the police.

"What happened?" The officer asked him kindly.

"I was running to the park and she tripped. She's not dead is she?" He started to cry.

"No, she's just sleeping is all. Her body shut down from the pain."

"It's my fault isn't it?" Frank sniffled.

"Not at all. Do you want to drive in my police car?" He jumped up and down.

When they got to the hospital his dad was there.

"Frank! My baby boy! What happened?" The dad asked embracing him in a hug.

"Mommy took me to the park, and I started running, then she tripped and, what's the word officer?" He asked the police woman

"Fainted." She responded to him.

"Yeah she fainted, she's gonna be alright though daddy, you don't have to worry." He patted his dad on the shoulder.

"Frankie, mommy is alright, but your sister, she was dead on arrival."

I woke up. That night was the first time my mom drank, the first time I was beaten till I fainted, when I stopped talking for ten years.

"Are you okay Frank?" Gerard asked me.

"Go away Gerard. I don't want to talk to you." I didn't look at him. I knew he couldn't see me, but he reminded me too much of my father right now.

"What were you dreaming about?" Gerard persisted.

"It was nothing. And like I said, I don't want to talk to you." I say while sitting up.

"Fine. Be that way. My mom cooked dinner if you want any." And Gerard walked out of the room.

I sat there, staring at his walls. Most people would think they were just scratches but they made a picture to me.

There were portraits, and stills, and landscapes, all forming one big picture, with the frame in the middle.

I walked out of the room after realizing how hungry I was.

"Hey Frank." Mikey said to me. I've had enough conversation for today, so all I did was wave.

They had spaghetti placed on the table. Mmmm, it smells great. Not the shit my mom makes.

"It smells good Ms. Way." I mumbled to her. She didn't respond to me because she was arguing with Gerard about something.

After I ate, I headed back to Gerard's room, fully clothed and on the floor.

So something bad happened. But that will be in the next chapter. As in later today or when I feel like writing again.

So long
-Egg