Vingt

Gerard

"Hey Getard."

"Go away Mikey." I threw a pillow in the direction of the door.

"Um, it's your birthday. Mom wants to talk to you."

"I'll be out there soon." I got out of bed not caring how I looked. Not that it mattered, I couldn't see myself anyways.

Frank is still in a coma, it's been a week. Melanie says we can wait for the fluid to pass, or get a transfusion. Since his mom won't answer the phone, we have to wait for it to pass, the doctors don't know how long that is though.

"Mom? What do you need?" I said walking into the living room.

"Go get dressed."

"Why?"

"We are going to the hospital."

"I don't want to see Frank today."

"Not for Frank, for you. You're getting the surgery, to fix your vision." What? But she doesn't have the money. She can't do that!

"You don't have the money mom."

"That's why I've had all those business trips, now go get dressed, your appointment is in an hour." I darted to my room. I'll actually get to see my family, and my art, and Frank! Oh god, Frank.

I threw on a sweat shirt and some skinny jeans. While walking out of my room I heard Mikey talking.

"You're welcome mom."

"Thank you so much for the money Mikey, and tell Ray I said thank you too."

"I will mom. Let's go Getard." He said after realizing I was in the room.

"Stop calling me that, Moike." I remembered his childhood nicknames.

"Whatever, get in the car."

He turned on the radio and we made our way out. I was going to be able to see, this is great!

-*~+~*-

"Appointment for Way?" Mikey said to the receptionist.

"This way." I took Mikey's arm and he led me to the hospital room.

"Hello Gerard, happy birthday. Could you please follow me? Oh wait, here, take my arm." The doctor came in like a storm.

"Bye Mikes, see you soon." I said. The doctor took me down a hallway.

"Sit down here, now we are going to put you under anesthesia, and you will be under soon. When you wake up, there will be bandages on your eyes, don't take them off for three days, but make sure to change them before you go to sleep, and after you wake up." I blacked out after a few minutes.

Yay! Someone's still gonna die though...

So long
-Egg