Chapter 2 | Cole

Today is my official last first day of school. Just one more year left. I can do this.

With a groan, I rolled out of bed, deciding it was time to start getting ready for school. It probably takes me a solid hour to get myself ready. I procrastinated and got distracted easily, and I knew my mother wouldn't take that as an excuse for being late on the first day.

I hated school, but a lot of students say that. When I say 'I hate school', I mean that I really, really despise it. To me, the bad outweighed the small good that twelve years of schooling had to offer.

I had arranged for of my best friends, Dylan to give me a lift to school today. Despite having my license, I didn't have my own car yet. I was still working towards getting one. My mom allowed me to drive her car when it was available but this morning she needed it, which left me with option carpooling. I would not be taking the bus.

Getting ready for school was always such a rush. Spitting my toothpaste out and rinsing my mouth, I gave myself a once-over in the mirror. My eyes were the color of chocolate, not shit. Often, I received compliments - mostly from the female species - about my tanned and toned body. The attention from
girls, gave me some confidence that I was good-looking to their eyes.

I noticed my brown hair was getting a bit too long. Probably should've gotten that cut on the holidays. Oh, well.

"Hey, dude!"

Dylan, suddenly barged through my bathroom door, startling me.

"Man, what the hell? What if I was naked? You need to knock," I said.

"Oh, Goddamn! That would've been nasty." He told me.

I rolled my eyes. "Please, all the girls drool over me. I can't blame them though, I'm smoking."

"Mmm, nope. No, you're not," Dylan said with an insulting but teasing tone. "Oh, and speaking of girls; new year, new bitches, aye?"

I swear he said the same thing to me last year. This must be his new annual motto.

"Boys!" My mother interrupted by calling out to us from downstairs. I just ignored her, knowing that was her warning us to hurry up.

"Oh yeah! What fun we are going to have." I replied to Dylan, wriggling my eyebrows and rubbing my palms against each other mockingly.

So, I may have attained a reputation for hooking up with decent sized list of girls. Losing myself in sex, alcohol and parties made me forget, even if it was just temporary amnesia.

"Boys, you need to leave. You're going to be late!" My mom continued to call us, now screeching like a parrot.

~

When we arrived at school, I knew instantly that Dylan would want to find the rest of our friends. I had steady group of about five good friends, although I was closest to Dylan and our other good friend, Mycah.

I couldn't stop the small groan that escaped as I got out of the car. Oh, how I hated school.

Dylan must of noticed must've heard, because he turned around and said, "Cheer up, tough guy."

Tough guy. I was considered 'tough' at school. I guess, for the most part, it's true. Some even called me a bad boy, but I tried not to take too much notice of the cringeworthy label. Being labeled a 'bad boy' was because I rebelled against the teachers and students, sometimes getting into physical and verbal fights. It seemed to make me popular and feared. That and being a top notch football player. I guess it had its perks. Getting all the girls, being invited to parties.