Chapter 39 | Myles

The school bell rang, signalising the end of 2nd period, English. I was mentally exhausted and my hand hurt from writing so much because of the writing exam I had just completed.

I was confident I would do well, as I usually do in English. It seemed to be one of my stronger subjects.

Arsen and Jackson approached me as I was making my way to the cafeteria.

"So how'd it go? Reckon' you did alright?" Jackson asked.

"Uh, pretty good." I nodded.

He hummed before saying, "Well, Arsen on the other hand probably didn't even write more than fifty words, from what I saw."

"Dude!" Arsen whined, "You don't need to go blabbing your mouth about it to everyone!"

"It's not everyone. It's just Myles. Oh, and maybe Spencer and Jemma," Jackson said.

Arsen rolled his eyes and huffed.

"So are you gonna sit with us or your boyfriend?" Arsen changed the subject and asked me.

I had thought about it. Jemma had texted me this morning to ask me if I could hang out with her during breaks today since I've been sick the last week.

I also knew Cole would want me to sit with him as well. Cole seemed to recover in less than two days of being sick, whereas I had copped the worse cold and had to take time off for a week. Cole didn't have time to visit me again. He was too busy with studies and football. We've been talking over the phone to keep in contact.

I was torn between the two. My friendship group or Cole. I sat with Cole and his friends, including my brother more than I did my own friends. I'm sure he'd understand if I changed things up a bit and sat with my friends.

"Okay, I'll sit with you guys." I told them.

Their faces lit up. "Cool."

I smiled.

I was really happy that these two guys were my friends and treated me so nicely. Other boys in my year level hadn't given me a second glance.

We entered the cafeteria and chose the table that Jemma and Spencer were already at.

I greeted them before going to get my food but I didn't get to leave their proximity before I crashed into someone.

"You're not sitting with me?" Cole asked disappointedly.

"I- uh, I wanna s-sit with my friends, is that okay?" I stammered.

"Aww. Hey, it's alright, that's okay." He gave me a soft smile.

Cole leaned down to kiss me, his tongue instantly sliding into my mouth with ease.

"Hey! Not here," I hissed and pulled away.

Cole smirked. "But I haven't seen you in ages."

"Later, okay."

"Ohhh, later, huh?"

Oh my gosh. He's just trying to embarrass me. He thinks it's funny.

I could feel my friends' stares behind me.

"Until later, then." He purred and left me standing there as I watched him head back to his table.

I really didn't want to turn around.

When I did, there they were; Jemma, Spencer, Jackson and Arsen. They were all gawking at me.

I blushed. "Stop staring at me."