Chapter 28 | Cole

Chapter 28 | Cole

I stood with Dylan, Mycah and the twins by my locker. It was the end of the school day. I have to admit I'm excited about hanging out with Myles soon.

The guys were going on about football. Usually I would be completely engaged in this sort of conversation, but my attention was elsewhere.

I had my eyes focused on Myles just down the hall. He was talking to his friends. The same friends he hang out with yesterday afternoon.

His group were giggling about something. Myles seemed to be quite confident around them. I was happy for him. Making friends seemed to be a little difficult for Myles. I couldn't help but wonder if he was ever going to be that confident around me.

To be fair he didn't seem that far off it and being in a relationship with someone is a lot more nerve racking than just a friendship.

I watched intently as his friend, Jemma laughed boisterously and hit one of the other boys in the group on the arm in a playful matter.

I admit, at first I was jealous of her. I thought maybe her and Myles had a thing for one another. Obviously, that isn't that case. She seems to be good at getting Myles out of his shell and comforting him.

I was drawn back to my own friends when I  heard Dylan shout something and the boys erupted with laughter.

What did I miss?

Apparently a lot because Kade was hysterical, practically rolling on the floor.

"Boys," A malicious voice cut through the air.

We all stopped and glanced at Violet.

The fuck was she doing standing here near me?

"I need to speak to Cole. But don't worry it isn't going to be a private conversation. At least not anymore." She said. 

"You have a minute, what do you want?" I inquired.

"Nothing really. I suppose this is really the last I can do. So I'm going to make it count." She replied.

Huh? What is she going on about? She had my attention now, and the boys' as well.

"Out of everyone here I just wanted to see your reaction the most."

She pulled out her phone. That girl and her phone, honestly.

Suddenly the whole corridor filled with echoes of various dings and chimes.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. So pulled it out.

Shocked gasps and whispers went around the school hallway.

I looked down at my phone. Of course, it was the photo of me and Myles kissing. The same one she sent to Mycah.

I will take her phone and smash it.

The first person my eyes looked to were Myles'.

He had his phone out too.

His friends were gawking at him just as mine were gawking at me.

He pushed passed them and bolted down the hallway.

"Myles!" I heard myself call after him.

But that was pointless.