Chapter 27 | Myles

I could spot Cole out of a crowd anywhere, even if he was miles away.

So when my eyes glided past him and did I double take, I was shocked to see he had a haircut. It made him slightly harder to recognize, especially since he wasn't facing my direction.

His hair used to be a similar length to my own, but now it's shorter than mine.

I'm not complaining. I couldn't possibly, because looked good. Really good. My thoughts had me blushing.

How did I manage to get myself such an attractive boyfriend?

Since having dinner with Cole's parents, things between us are going steady, little slower than what we'd both like.

He's just too busy, I guess.

I watched as Cole sauntered down the hallway and then "accidentally" barged some kid out of the way with his shoulder.

"Whoops," he said and kept walking.

He didn't bother with an apology, in fact he had a rather smug look on his face like he was proud of barging kids out of the way.

How did I manage to get myself such an attractive and rude boyfriend?

I don't know why I smiled a little.

Cole could be scary when he wanted to and he wasn't exactly the nicest person in the school. But hey, at least he didn't go around deliberately shoving smaller people into lockers and whisper "faggot" in their ears like Roman did.

Firsthand experience there.

Cole caught my eye and winked. I really wanted to go over to him.

When Cole and I spoke about coming out, I told him I wanted to wait. That was only partially true.

There is only one reason I don't want to come out and that is fear. But there are way more reasons to come out. Like the fact that I will actually be able to be near Cole whenever I want and also just not having to keep this part of me a secret.

Besides, it's not like if we became public Cole would let anything bad happen to me. He would protect me, right? Anyways, I shouldn't rely on Cole to protect me, not all the time, at least. I have to rely on myself.

"Hey!"

Jemma's high pitched voice tore me away from the thoughts that were weighing me down.

"I see you making googly eyes at him." She giggled, and nudged me with her elbow.

I rolled my eyes. "You're seeing things."

"I don't think so."

I spotted Jackson running up to us.

"Hey! Have you guys seen Arsen anywhere?" He asked.

"Nope, why?" Jemma said.

"That... that Arse, stole my homework to hand it in for himself!" He threw his hands up in the air.

I laughed a little and said, "Well, he hasn't been in our direction."