Chapter 7: The Escape

I laid there in the Safari Zone, still wincing in pain every time the poison pulsed through me. I tried to think on the bright side of things, but there really was none. I was an Eevee, and it wasn't bad, but I was a rare pokemon. That meant that there was no way I could prevent things like this happening, and there was a chance that I might be like this forever.

Now was not the time to cry, though. I was sick of crying. I'm not a baby, right? I sure felt like one. I mean, I was used to being a pokemon by now, and yes, I still missed my family a lot. Especially Pecha. Me and her had a great friendship. She would always find some way to tease me, and I would tease her, and we would laugh together, and we would watch TV together, and, well, everything.

I saw pokemon all around me. Wurmple, Starly, Jigglypuff, and so many others. Two of them were walking towards my direction. A Beautifly and a Taillow. They looked like good friends. I thought it was kind of ironic that a bird would be friends with a bug.

The two chatted happily without looking where they were going. "Help..." I mumbled in pain. They didn't hear me, but bumped right into me. "Whoa waaahh!!" shouted the Taillow, jumping back. "Oh, sorry- Holy freakin' Mew!!" shouted the Beautifly, realizing what was there. "What's wrong!?" asked the Taillow.

"Help..." was all I managed to get out. "Oh, what do we do!?" shouted Taillow in fear. "The berry!!" said Beautifly, shaking a little. She picked up a small berry she had dropped in panic. Taillow took it and fed it to me. Slowly but surely, the berry healed up the venom in my body.

I slowly stood up. "Th-thanks." I stuttered, still with a little pain from the poison. "No problem!" said Taillow. "Me and my girl were just chatting, and we found you." He grinned. "Um, yeah." said Beautifly, blushing.

Alex came running into sight. "Charlie, are you okay?" he shouted in the distance. "Yeah, these guys just helped me." I said back to him as he got to us. He looked dissapointed. It looked as if he really wanted to help me.

"Hey, it's fine." I said reasuringly. "Maybe you can save my life tomorrow." Alex smiled. "Okay, sure." he replied. Then he remembered something. "Oh, yeah! We need to get out of here!" he said. Right. We were stuck in the Safari Zone.

Beautifly and Taillow agreed to help us out. We planned our escape for a very long time. It was a couple hours before we thought of anything good.

"Okay, so there's no way we can lift you guys. Too heavy, no offense." said Taillow. "There's a guard at the front with a very strong pokemon, there are more guards inside, and they patrol the sky. What do we got?"

"Oh, I've got one!" shouted Beautifly. "We could defeat the guards!" Everyone stared at her. "There's no way that's gonna happen." Taillow said. Alex spoke up. "Then what can we do?" he asked.

'Trust your power. You can escape if you trust your power.' said the all so familiar voice in my head. "You again. I guess I'll call you Jace." I mumbled to myself. Jace spoke back. 'If you wish.'

"Let's just face the guards." I finally said. Taillow gave up. "Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you."

[That night...]

 Bob the guard stood watch at the gate of the Safari Zone. He wasn't to let anyone or anything in or out. Bob watched the motionless area in front of him. Not one thing was moving. Bob smiled. 'Good.' he thought.

But then something did move. Bob could have sworn he saw that patch of grass shake for a split second. He walked over to take a closer look. He peered into the grass to find that nothing was there. Bob looked back, and, to his horror, the Safari Zone door was opened. He took out his radio. "We've got some escapees."

The guard had fallen for it. We ran for the door and Beautifly quickly opened it. Of course, the guard looked back and spoke into a small device. "Oh, crap. They're onto us." whispered Taillow.

Just then, an alarm sounded, alerting all the guards of our presence. We just needed to get through one more door. Guards quickly piled in front of our escape route and sent out a whole bunch of powerful pokemon, like Gabite, Gyarados, Luxray, etc. That wasn't good.

So we turned a corner and ran down the only other hallway, only to be completely trapped. "We got them!" one of the guards said into their own device.

But then the wildest thing happened. Suddenly, the whole wall beside us came crashing down. A Hyper Beam shot at the people, knocking them into a wall. I turned to see Dragonite helping us escape. "Come on, guys!" he shouted.

Alex and I jumped through the broken wall. "We'll stay behind!" shouted Taillow. I nodded and started running. The three of us ran as fast as we could in hopes that they wouldn't catch us again. "Whew, they almost had us." said Alex as we got to a safe distance.

"Yeah... Dragonite, how did you find us?" I asked. Dragonite sighed. "You have no idea what we had to go through. We had to hide from people, we had to plan, which, by the way, was thrown out the window."

Right. Dragonite were pretty hard to find. I felt sorry for him for making him do that. "Oh, uh... You didn't have to do that for me." I said to Dragonite. He rolled his eyes. "Of course we did. Butterfree and Beedrill also helped. They took out some guards up front." he said.

I looked around. No sign of either of my friends. "Where are they?" I asked. Dragonite looked around. "Yeah, where are they?" he mumbled to himself.

We came back to our grass beds we had made before to find that they were sleeping. "Here they are." said Dragonite. "They probably knew I could handle those guys with hyper beam!" He grinned. "Mkay." I said, curling up in my grass bed. I almost instantly fell asleep. I guess that's what happens when you get thrown into the Safari Zone, almost get caught, get poisoned, and escape the Safari Zone in one day.

I smiled in my sleep. We were free.

_______________________________

Whabzuhrmbr... Oh, it's the afterword. I thought it was the RETARD word. Never mind, then.

So Charlie escaped the Safari Zone with the help of his new friends, Beautifly and Taillow. Yay! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and this book. Charlie too.

But how is Chelsea doing?

Okay, bye!