Chapter 18: Taking Flight

"Whazza...?" Dragonite had finally woken from unconsiousness, and he was confused to see the rest of us here.

"Oh, you're awake!" said Chelsea happily. Dragonite looked around. "Yeah... Where are we?"

After the little 'incident' we had with that thing, we built a small forest shelter. Paul didn't seem to mind camping out in the wild, so he stayed too.

"Still in the forest." replied Patch, who was already right next to Dragonite. He nodded. "Alright."

"We should wait until next night, and then move." said Alex, acting the leader. Everyone nodded. It was too bright out right now, and someone could see us.

What was happening? How could it be getting out of its realm without the portal? The job would be a lot harder if they had to hunt it down. "Hurry. I need the Charmander fast." Rosk said into the mic.

It was dark out now, and we had to go. Dragonite had offered to fly us across the snowy place, and we agreed. It would be faster, and they wouldn't be hunting us at night, would they?

Would they?

Patch, Chelsea, Alex, Paul and I got on to Dragonite. He looked back at us. "Okay, I've flown with heavy loads before, but I'm not quite sure about this. Just... Just hang on." We nodded.

Finally, Butterfree, Beedrill, and Dragonite took off. 'Don't look down...' I told myself as we soared higher and higher. I closed my eyes.

"Say, how did your wing get fixed anyway?" asked Chelsea. "I don't know," said Dragonite, "it just... happened."

After a while, I didn't feel quite so dizzy. I opened my eyes. This wasn't too bad! I looked down, and immediately closed my eyes again.

'He looks so scared...' thought Pachirisu. She looked around at all the others. They looked determined to get her home. Maybe she could trust them. Maybe she should let them know her real name. No, she couldn't do that. Her job could never be complete then.

I felt Dragonite slowing down, and his wings started flapping faster. I opened my eyes to see us touch the ground. I breathed a sigh of relief. "Finally..." I muttered to myself. "Yeah," said Butterfree, "I was getting... Oh, you weren't... Uhhh..." Butterfree always seemed embarresed about his ears for some reason. He rarely responded when someone said something quiet, even though he heard it.

We decided that we would first go to Eterna City, and then Oreburgh City from there. As we started walking, I noticed something. The entrance to Mt. Coronet was blocked. "Look." I said.

The others looked at the pile of boulders. "How did that happen?" asked Alex. "I don't know..." said Beedrill. Eventually, we started walking again.

After a short walk, we were at Eterna City. It looked... old. The people, the buildings, the air. There was a giant pokemon statue right in front of us. I think it was Dialga.

"Wow... Look at this place..." said Beedrill quietly. "It's amazing." said Butterfree. "It's old." said Patch. I shook my head.

We got to the gate that led out of the city. Someone was standing there, waiting. "You can't go this way." he said to Paul. Paul frowned. "Why not?" he asked. "Something has happened here." said the guy. "Like what?" asked Paul. "None of your business." the guy replied.

Paul sighed. "I guess we'll have to go through the Eterna Forest." he said. "No!" shouted Beedrill and Chelsea. Alex frowned. "Well, why not?" Beedrill shook his head. "I... don't like forests."

"I'd rather not say..." said Chelsea quietly.

Once, a few months before being captured by Team Galactic, Chelsea walked through that forest. She was lost, and had no one to defend her. Why did she have to be so curious?

Chelsea could feel that someone was watching her. She looked around, but saw nothing. She sighed. The only reason she had come here was because she thought she had seen something staring at her from the place, and curiosity had gotten the best of her.

Then she heard something. A hissing sound? Chelsea turned around again. Still nothing. She sighed. Then the hissing sound came from right behind her. Chelsea spun around to be face to face with a giant, creepy Ariados.

Chelsea screamed and started to run, but the spider pokemon tripped her with a shot of web. It wrapped her in silk completely, so that she couldn't move. Only her head remained untouched by the stuff. More Ariados crawled out from the many trees and bushes, and headed towards her.

This was the end.

But just then, a ball of flame shot out from behind her and hit the nearest one. It's eyes widened as it started to burn, and, eventually, fell unconsious. More fireballs shot out at the others, hitting them one by one, burning them one by one, and KOing them one by one.

The source of the fireballs showed itself. It was a small male Chimchar, who looked concered at Chelsea. It breathed a small breath of fire, which just licked the silky web. The web burned up and freed Chelsea.

Chelsea stood up and looked at the pokemon. She had heard of it, and she knew it was rare. The Chimchar smiled. Chelsea smiled. "Well aren't you cute?" she said.

That was how she developed her fear of forests, and got her first pokemon.

A tear came to Chelsea's eye, but she shook it off. "We have to, guys." said Paul. I nodded. "Unless we take the long way." I said. Chelsea shook her head. "No, it's fine." she said. "Let's just go." agreed Beedrill.

And so we set off for the Eterna Forest, but I couldn't help feeling... Could this have been planned?

_________________________

And I'm back!

I haven't been writing for a while now, but I've got a lot of things sorted out, and I'm ready to finish this book. Also don't forget the Character Creation Contest. (CCC) It would be really awesome, and I give you a dedication if you win. Come one, guys! Just remember to add DETAILS.

Aaaaaaand, see you next chapter.