Chapter 20: The Flowers of Floaroma

"What's this?" Jay pushed something that blended perfectly into the rock wall. Suddenly, a trapdoor opened under us, throwing us into an underground pond. "Wow, you've got a good eye." I said. "Where do we go now?"

"Meet me in the meadows, Charlie."

I woke up suddenly. The last part of my dream didn't seem to really be part of the dream. That voice definitely sounded familiar...

"Oh, hey Charlie." said Dragonite. "Finally, someone's woken up." I turned to him. "Hey, Dragonite. How long have you been awake?" Dragonite shrugged. "I don't know. I couldn't really sleep, probably thanks to Beedrill's Bluk Berries. How can anyone eat those?"

I smiled. "Yeah. Should we wake them up?" I asked him. "Sure." he replied. "We need to get going anyway."

I went over to each of the others' beds and woke them one by one. That's when I noticed something. "Where's Patch?" I asked. Everyone looked around. "Yeah, where is she?" said Butterfree.

"Hey, guys." We turned to where the voice was coming from. "Sorry, I just had some... insomnia." said Patch. Dragonite sighed. "Don't scare us like that. We thought you were missing."

Our group walked over to the next town. On the way, we passed a place called... Fugo... Feugi... Fugi... Well, it was Something Ironworks. I can't remember what it was called. Anyway, I'm not even sure what it was for.

Then we hit Floaroma Town. It was beautiful. There were flowers, trees, birds, and everything else beautiful. It had a kind of calm atmosphere, like nothing was wrong. I wanted to stay there forever.

"Why don't we take a break here?" said Alex. "Yeah, why not?" I agreed. We all set off to explore.

I took a stroll through the town, surveying all there was to see. I could see Combee flocking around some honey slathered on a tree. I avoided them. I was never a fan of bees.

Then I remembered. "Meet me in the meadows." The town had recently opened a place called the 'Floaroma Meadows'. Maybe that's where the person in my dream wanted me to go.

I looked around for a sign or something. I couldn't ask for directions. Curse this strange tongue. Finally, I found a grass arch which lead to a meadow, which I assumed to be Floaroma Meadows.

I walked into the place. It felt even more natural. A lot more, actually. This was one of the most amazing and beautiful places I'd ever been. I sat silently, taking in the atmosphere.

"Hello." I spun around to see Jace, the one who helped me through so much of my adventure. "Hi, Jace. You wanted me to come here, right?" Jace nodded. "I knew you would've figured that out by now."

I paused for a moment. "Why did you want me here, anyway?" I asked him. He sighed. "There are things I can't tell you, and things I can't explain. All will be revealed in due time."

I sighed. "Can't you tell me something?" I asked, annoyed. "Yes, I wanted to tell you a something, actually. Listen."

"I can't tell you everything, for reasons I can't explain, but I wish to tell you about your father. He disappeared as one of the most famous trainers in the Unova region. I know why he disappeared, and how. Something was hunting him. Some sort of monster. It's hard to explain, but your father had to disappear, to escape the monster."

"Charlie, your father is still alive, and I'm sure he misses you too. He wishes to find you, and perhaps that may be a possibility." Jace finished off.

I stood there for a moment to take in what he had just said. My dad was alive!? How could that be possible? He had been missing for so long...

"Jace... How do you know this? Where can I find him!?" I shouted at Jace. He shook his head. "You will find him eventually. Trust me."

This made me angry. "Tell me where he is!" I shouted furiously. Jace shook his head again. "I'm sorry, Charlie. I have to go, now."

He started to fade into the air. "NO!!!" I shouted after him, but he'd disappeared already. "DON'T GO!! NO! No..."

I slumped down to the ground in defeat. Why couldn't Jace stop being so vague? What was he keeping from me? All I knew was that I had a new task.

I had to find my dad.

He was back to his small hideout. It was very dark, and not very comfortable, but he was back.

'I should have never told him...' he thought, sinking down into a corner. Charlie hated him now. He wished he could tell him, but the thing was still following him. He wanted so badly for things to go back to the way they were.

All he could hope for Charlie was for him to find his father.

Suddenly, there was a loud rumbling noise. The roof started to crumble, rocks dropping down onto the ground. "No... It found me...?" he whispered to himself. He was running out of places to hide. He didn't think the job would be finished in time.

He disappeared from this hideout, and from his safety.

____________________

Heheheheh... I love this. I just love it. So much foreshadowing, it's just evil. What does Jace have to do with all this? What job does he want finished? Where is Charlie's father? Find out... sometime in the series!

Oh yeah, and the CCC. Remember to create a character for it! Format it somewhat like this:

Name:

Age:

Species:

Personality:

About:

Role(optional):

Even if you don't format it like this, I'll still enter it into my BIG BOX O' CREATION. But I'm really hoping to get some more entries.

Thanks for reading this book. It makes me feel good in my soul. Please leave a comment and/or vote if you like it.

Bye!