Chapter 24~Breakfast Bickering

Zoe's POV

"Wake up girls!"

I woke up to the sound of Resu calling us in for breakfast. It was exactly 4:00 and everyone looked sleepy and extremely tired. Our breakfast was a bowl of rice with nori on the side. *sigh* That's Marika's favorite. Emma was the only one in the group who didn't look tired at all.

"How are you staying so energetic, Em?" I asked her suspiciously. She turned to me, with her eyes completely blank. I could now see her rice bowl was empty and the nori was gone.

"I am driven by anger, hate, and the hope that I won't let my friends down. What the heck were you expecting?" I nodded in understanding. That's just how Emma is. A real Tsundere if you ask me. She used to beat up her old crush after school. Then he "moved" and she got a little more serious. Only we know the real reason why he's not attending our school anymore. Emma. She dragged him into a fight with some Ring Users. He was killed trying to protect her. Now the only thing egging her on is her own regret. She didn't tell me this of course. Louise did. Gord Danget, this is making me depressed.

"Hey Andee," I said looking over at her bowl, which was completely full, "why are you not eating?" Andee shrugged and looked over at Erika. She narrowed her eyes, while Erika ignored her.

"Why is Erika so tired?!" She remarked spitefully. Erika rolled her eyes and continued eating. "Maybe, just maybe, she was up all night snooping around!" Everyone stopped eating except for Erika. Their eyes widened and Serra's mouth dropped open. Erika did look a lot more tired than any of us.

"Why would you stay up even though you knew we had to wake up early?" Serra questioned. I didn't get it either. We weren't mad, just surprised, disappointed, and impressed.

"I didn't stay up," Erika replied calmly, "Andee's just seeing things." All the attention went directly to Andee who's face was turning red with anger.

"No I'm not!" She yelled standing up from the table, and slamming her hands on the wood causing her plate to rattle. "Why do all of you have no faith in me?! I know what I saw and I'm sure as hell that it was Erika roaming around the halls last ni-"

"Calm down girls," A voice interrupted.

"Huh?! O-o-oh. I'm sorry Resu, sir." Andee sat down and started eating her rice. " I-I'm so sorry,"Everyone stared at their bowls meaninglessly, embarrassed that we had made such a fool of ourselves in front of our guest. 'So much for first impressions' we all thought to ourselves as we gazed into the bowl embroidered with blue designs. Is it just me, or do these designs look awfully familiar. This is one of the weirdest breakfasts I've ever had. It's not over yet, though. We still have a whole lot more training to do, and that's going to be even crazier. 13 more hours left. Can't waste any time bickering, can we?