Chapter 27~Cooking Disaster

Laura's POV

Everyone was silent. The bamboo pinning Andee down slowly faded away. Andee got up and looked angrily at Serra, lying helplessly on the ground. "Hehehe," Andee giggled quietly. "hahahahaa..... HAHAHAHAHA!" She started laughing hysterically as she raised up her arm above Serra and a huge red flame appeared wavering in her palm. There was the same red fire illuminating the corners of her eye. She was about to attack when Resu called from behind the benches. "Andee, the fight is over!" Andee quickly looked up at Resu with fear in her red eyes. The fiery light slowly faded away. "I-I'm sorry...Resu," she said looking down at Serra and putting her hand over her mouth. "I'm so so sorry..." "It's alright, Andee," he told her as he walked up and put his hand on her shoulder. "I know all of you wanted lunch. The competitive spirit got to your head. It's just an accident. Don't worry." Andee kept crying. Despite what everyone else was planning to say, I swiftly walked as far away from the scene as possible. The battle was over, and I wasn't planning on staying at that battle field any longer than I had to. Besides, I promised Resu I would help him out with cooking if I was the first to get out.

I turned around and started walking to the kitchen. As I passed the hallway I saw two pairs of glowing blue eyes. Only for a second, I stared directly into the light. Then, it disappeared back into the shadows. I shook my head, thinking I was going Insane. Maybe, the competitive spirit got to met as well! When I finally reached the kitchen, I felt safe. "That's what we all need!" I shouted, tightly closing my eyes. "We all just want some food," I said again scanning the room, "And I'm going to be the one to make your dreams come true!" Emma stepped right beside me.

"I'm going to be here too, so I might as well help out" I grinned at her, knowing she's a great cook. We got to work. I took out my whip and thrashed it about, cutting and slicing the ever so needed ingredients. Emma was doing something boring with a bowl and whisker, so I told her to spice it up... She added hot sauce. Inside one of the cabinets was many porcelain bowls with a designs of beautiful snakes. It looked like the same ones that Erika kept babbling about for the last few nights. We shared a room so I obviously had to listen to what she had to say, though I was quite suspicious when she vanished from the room at midnight. It was weird. Like she was doing some shady underground business that she didn't want us to know about. Anyway, as ring wielders we have to have a diet that benefits our powers. For example, Marika usually likes rice and nori for lunch, but her ring is powered when her diet has fish of some sort. I started filling one of the bowls with carrot soup, for Louise...then I realized she wasn't there and I started feeling weird. I scrapped the food, without Resu's consent of course, and began making toast, for Zoe. I made sure to do it with wheat bread, instead of white. I made Andee some Chicken, because it was the closet thing I could find the a blue bird...Andee has a really weird diet. I looked over at Emma, who was staring contently at the bowl she had been whisking. What could she possibly be thinking about? I was about to remove the kettle full of Serra's bamboo tea when I saw something in the corner of my eye. Red, black, blue. The colors kept changing.

"Yo, Emma!" I said to her, making the room's wordless silence break. "I think I found something." I moved the bag of flour aside and gazed at the stone before me. Beautiful, miraculous, a true masterpiece. There aren't enough words to describe the stones elegance. My praise only lasted for a few short seconds, for Emma seemed to recognize the stone. She grabbed it and ran out of the kitchen. There's only one possible place she could be running. The arena.

I was able to catch up with her before she reached the gates. "What the heck are doing?!" I asked impatiently.

"I have to save Andee! If we don't get this stone to her-" Emma screamed and I slided to a stop right before we reached our destination. I could now see Emma was being held back by two blue scarves of silky blue texture.

"Emma!" I screamed trying to pull off the blue material.

"It's too late," she said through tears, "you have to get this to her."

She handed me the stone just as two girls in blue robes came out of the shadows saying, "Sister, it looks like we caught something." As Emma whispered her final instructions in my ear I ran through the gate and sprinted across the field. please Emma...be OK.

To be continued...