A Hero's Secrets

"C'mon Shadow!" Marika yelled impatiently. "Eat your food!" The black cat turned its head, as if to say it didn't need to. Marika's face turned red. "If you don't eat, you're going to be hungry later! And by then, some other cat may have already eaten it!" She looked right into shadows eyes, intent on her mission of feeding her cat. But the cat didn't seem interested in looking at Marika, and instead walked quickly away. "Stupid kitty!" She growled picking up the bowl and resentfully taking it inside. "I'm trying to help!" Just then, Marika's foot began to vibrate. She pulled out her phone from her uggs, for she didn't have pockets on her, and answered the phone only to hear Emma's angry voice.

"Get over here! We have a monster, power level eight!" If Marika wasn't able to influence her cat to eat, then she HAD to do this. At least one of her daily quests could be fulfilled. She ran to the park, the place Emma had said to go, but half way realized she had forgotten to put down the bowl, and decided it was too late to turn back.

When she finally made it to the destination, she dropped the bowl in surprise as she watched Emma being flung across the grass and bounce a few times onto the green blades like a stone that would skip a few times before sinking. "Emma!" Marika screamed. She ran over to Emma and tried to pull her up. Emma's emerald green eyes opened. When Marika saw Emma awake she was confused why her eyes were tainted with fear.

"Get out of the way!" Emma yelled, pushing Marika to the side as a giant sword right above Emma's arm. Emma collapsed on the ground, clutching her arm which was obviously broken.

"Oh, Emma!" Marika whispered solemnly. "You're parents are going to kill you." Another shiny sword was thrown but Marika quickly dodged it and brought herself to her feet. She ran towards the Monster, which was bigger than she had ever seen before, and leaped in the air. When Marika landed on the ground, she was fully transformed and ready for battle. Marika reloaded her cat gloves and started shooting the monster. Many metal spikes flung from the finished gloves but to no avail. The monster knocked Marika to the ground, and she landed right where she had started. Everything began to blur as Marika starting loosing her grip on reality. The monster used all of its power in one, powerful, devastating, blast. Marika tried to get up but couldn't. Right when she was about to give up hope, the monster activating the deadly beam...and Shadow, the ignorant cat Marika had just called stupid, jumped right in front of the beam, saving Marika's life. Marika screamed in horror, as she watched her cat disintegrate in a flash of light, and disappear forever. When she turned to her side, the bowl she had dropped, was empty. Licked clean. And right next to it was a small furry mouse...Shadow's favorite. Marika stared blankly at where her cat had eaten. Did Shadow not eat because she knew it would be her last meal...or had she not eaten because she wanted to see her owner for a little bit longer? It didn't matter. Everything Shadow had done for Marika...was the ultimate sacrifice. And Marika would not let Shadows death be in vein. With anger flooding through her body, Marika found it was easy to stand up. Taking the memories of Shadow, she created a weapon...a weapon more powerful than any other. She made a weapon of passion, and it was about to wipe that monster off the face of the earth.