Chapter 27 part 2

Laura's POV

I couldn't feel my legs. Everything was a blur to me. The familiar voices echoing in the halls as Emma was caught in the silky blue net, the different dishes and dazed Emma, and even the battle didn't seem to register as vivid memories. It felt like a continuous day dream, and I was going to snap out of it any second now. But that wasn't the case. Rushing out to the arena, I hadn't even noticed the chains lying on the ground. "Shoot!" I screamed, face planting to the ground. "Of course this stupid thing had to be lying around here..." I said picking up the chain. In the slim sun light at the end of the hallway, I could see a brilliant yellow reflection above me. Then it hit me. It was Zoe's amulet! I got back up, not wasting time dusting myself off, and entered the arena...Where the answers to all the questions that I didn't have time to ask, were on display.

"ZOE!" I screamed looking around the room. " SERRA! ERIKA!" I could hear faint screams coming from inside one of the Keep Out doors Resu told me never to open. I spawned my pufferfish whip and tied it around the hinge of the door, and pulled with all my might. The door screeched and flew to the other side of the arena, to my avail. It was pitch black inside there. I put one foot inside the dark room, and the faint screams grew louder. "Laura," I told myself, "...you're an idiot."