Chapter 3: escape

CHAPTER 3

I was laying on something cold and hard. My eyelids felt annoyingly heavy so I decided to let them be. Was I dead? Sadly, no.

I tuned into my senses, and focused on my surroundings.

"She's rouge, one who was involved in the arena too,"a soft voice spat. I made out another voice but this one was deep like a man," You know the arena's force rogues to participate."

I heard a loud sigh,before I hastily opened my eyes. I nearly closed them again as the light blinded me but I blinked a couple of times before the haziness went away.

I sat up and growled darkly after realizing I was in a holding cell. Apparently, I had been laying on hard steel ground. "It's a better sleeping condition than we had before" my wolf mocked.

"They should have killed us when we were down, but now I'm not given up without a fight" my wolf snarled. I silently shook my head in agreement while trying to block out her blood thirsty urges.

I soon realized that they had left the holding room and quickly looked for an escape. If we were going to find a way out, we would have to think fast.

Scanning over the bloodstained wall and steel bars, I noticed a lock. Faster than lightning, I made my way over to inspect it. It was too advanced and small for my claw to twist in it and I couldn't break it. If I wanted to get out, I needed a key and fast.

Through the bars, I saw a man with his feet on his desk and he was leaning far back in the chair. His hair was splayed on his forehead and his hat was yanked down, covering his eyes. A piece of metal flashed in his pocket from the light, while he was letting out a choked snore. "Let's rip him apart first Mercy!" my wolf announced joyfully, rolling my eyes, focusing on the heat in my body.

I haven't used my power since that battle 8 years ago but that didn't mean I haven't controlled them yet. My body temperature rose at extreme levels, I forced myself to remain human and centered all the heat/energy into my palms. I saw the fire erupt from my hands, burning the bars off in a burst of commotion. I had forgotten to control it,(oops! There goes the whole key, plan.)" Nice going Sherlock"my wolf remarked sarcastically, I was tempted to scowl.

The man who was asleep quickly woke up. His eyes widened, then turned hard before he shifted into his wolf.

"HE DARE CHALLENGE US!!!" I couldn't block out her bloodthirsty urges. Fusing her urges and my anger, I hastily shifted. The growl that erupted from my muzzle caused even my bones to shake.

Fear flashed through his eyes before he prepared to lunge. He had a dark brown wolf, who was a lot taller than me. I snarled and raced forward,knocking him out his position. He let out a yelp before standing back up, whipping around and taking a chunk out my shoulder.

Hot, white pain flashed through my shoulder. "WE ARE SO GOING TO KILL HIM!!!!", my wolf screeched. I nodded painfully, I was going to rip this mutt to shreds.