Chapter 4: Colton or Dace?

Chapter 4:

I burst through the room in blinding rage. My wolf was whimpering because I was mad at our mate.

{RECAP}

Dace was starting to feel a little better from our earlier talk so I decided to just ask him.

"Hey Dace, where is Colton?"

He scratched the back of his head and wouldn't look at me.My temper sparked a little,

"Dace, where is he?!"

He sighed and mumbled," Getting ready for execution."

My eyes turned black, I started to shake. Through clenched teeth, I whispered "Why?"

Dace answered without hesitation," Because he is a rogue, previously involved with the arena."

{END OF RECAP}

I roared in anger and ran to find him. Turning a couple of hallways, I found a steel door. I ripped it open without hesitation because "hey if it's the wrong person, I can just rip their throats out, instead of Dace's."

I opened the door and saw Colton tied with silver chains. I calmly made my way over, and as I got closer I noticed a black eye an split lip.

Colton has been with me for about 3 years. When he first arrived in the arena, he was very calm and wise. Most new comers were frightened, shy, and too kind for their own good.

Colton was very neutral and indifferent, it intrigued me. He was the first person to talk to me after my confinement. We talked a lot, now that I think about it. He is the closest thing to a friend I have.

I walked up to him and got on my knees so we were on eye level. Slowly, he brought his head up to look at me, while hissing at the pain the slight movement caused.

Silver was toxic too us, It brought constant pain, when in contact. Us shifters could easily die from it.

A slight frown, broke onto my emotionless face, I was starting to feel again.

"Mercy, is that you?"He croaked.

"The one and only."

A painful smirk, spread on his face,

"One and only is right,huh."

I wrapped my arms around his torso, inhaling his scent. This was the closest Iv'e been to anyone in awhile. I pulled back, hypnotized by his brown eyes. My face unconsciously, floated closer to his, eyes on his mouth.