Chapter 8: Declaring war

Chapter 8

3 days later...........

Dace tackled me, playfully on the bed. Giggling, I wriggled out of his grasp. I landed on the floor and watched as he roared in laughter, even I couldn't wipe the smirk off my face.

After Dace's recovery, we have been soaring in the clouds. Time past by us and were joined by the hip. I haven't seen Colton in awhile but I guess it was better for both of us that way. The pain was still overbearing for me and I wouldn't doubt that Colton felt even worse.

Being my mate, Dace had allowed the pain to subside momentarily. But what is the pain like for Colton?

Forcing my thoughts away with a shake of my head, I stood up, brushing myself off. Dace had stopped laughing and was lying on his stomach staring at me.

I cocked a brow," See something you like?"

He scoffed before scrambling off the bed," Of course I do."

I squealed and ran to the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dace had been in his office nearly all day after this morning. I laid down on the bed spread. I couldn't see the difference between "our" room and a jail cell. In the morning, Dace leaves to handle his alpha duties. I don't know anyone else except Colton, who is currently giving me the cold shoulder.

I felt like a prisoner.

My wolf growled threateningly, we hated being contained. If I was going to be trapped I might as well have stayed at the arena.

My familiar anger curled inside me. I've missed this feeling. The laughing and giggling had given me a light feeling but at some point It would have had to come crashing down.

I sat up from the bed. If he wanted to cage me like a wild animal, than I will act like one too.

My claws extended and I sank them deeply into the blankets. Growling and snarling, I ripped it apart,( probably looking like a cat from hell.)

I knew my eyes were that burning shade of red. I wanted to kill, I was out for blood.

{3 hours later}

I looked around at the shredded wallpaper and broken window. A sigh escaped my mouth as I tip toed over the shards of wreckage, trying to make it back to whats left of my bed.

I looked down at my extended claws, they weren't what they used to be anymore.

I closed my eyes, reminding myself to never think about the arena again. Im pretty sure Dace isn't going to like the new make over.

After a couple minutes, Dace burst into the room in rage. Did he love this room that much?

He harshly ran his fingers through his hair as he paced. He didn't even look like he knew I was still here.

Dace stopped and looked around the room in confusion," Did you do this?"

I nodded and he snapped his gaze off me guilty. After a heavy sigh, he walked up to me. Kneeling by the side of the mattress, despite the shards of wood and glass, he captured my hands.

Looking into my eyes with a sad, defeated face.

Dace inhaled deeply, "It's the rogue."

I cocked my head, as if saying continue .

He rolled his eyes,"Colton. He had left us earlier in the day."

"Well he is back and he brought a rouge army."

"They only want one thing. And that one thing, is you."

He stared deep into my eyes," The one thing I will never let them have".