Chapter 22 : Visitors

Chapter 22

(Mercy's POV)

"Your making a stupid decision!"

he growled, as he slammed me into the wall. My wolf snarled threateningly at him for being disrespectful. She chanted in my head to dominate him and show him who's boss but, I kept my hands by my sides and ignored the ringing pain in my back.

"Let him have control for once." I sighed, only getting a loud snort from her that almost made me flinch as it echoed inside my head.

Dace let go of my shoulders and started to pace while harshly raking his fingers through his hair,

"It's to dangerous and YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOUR FIGHTING!" he screamed.

I glared at him when he raised his voice and took a step towards him,

"What I do is none of your concern. You are my mate, not my parents. So what I say and do, is not controlled by you, or fate. It is only controlled by me, and only me. Understand?"

He clamped his jaw and gritted his teeth, without another word, he made his way out of the room. Looking back at me,

"I may not agree with what you are doing, but you are still my mate and I will not let you go through this alone. Be prepared to see about 600 more wolves, ready to fight by your side tomorrow morning."

Then Dace swiftly turned around and left, slamming the door closed. Almost immediately after, five rouges franticly burst into the room,

"Alpha! Someones on our territory and they want to talk to you!"they cried.

"Imbeciles." my wolf growled.

Shaking my head, I ignored the fact that they called me alpha and followed the group of idiots. Someone went through a lot of trouble to get to speak to me, but I wonder who?

[TIME SKIP]

A fist slammed down onto the table and the person stood up, face red with anger,

"HOW DO WE FIGHT SOMEONE, WHEN WE DON'T KNOW THEIR WEAKNESSES AND THEY SEEMED TO HAVE JUST POPPED RIGHT OUT OF A FAIRYTALE BOOK?!" he shrieked.

Rubbing a hand down my face, I stood up with a sigh,

"If our troops are as strong as we have thought them to be, then this shouldn't be a problem because we should be capable enough to handle anything that arises."

"And quite frankly, we don't care if they die anyway."my wolf chuckled.

In the corner of my eye, I noticed Dace nod in agreement to what I said. And I couldn't stop the welling excitement over his approval in my stomach. But unfortunately, that was soon cut off by another bone head on the council who was also debating the situation,

"WE ARE PRACTICALLY SENDING ARE MEN OUT TO DIE!"he wailed.

I fixed a hard glare on him and got out of my seat and walked towards his. A bead of sweat rolled down from his forehead as he tried to remain stoic and not show his rising fear. I lowered my face right in front of him and spat,

"Isn't that what war is all about? Wasn't that what those rouges and I were doing in the arena? You can't run away from death. And war is one of those things that you either die or survive. They fight knowing these risks, so what is the difference?"

The room stayed dead silent and even Dace seemed shell shocked.

If these creatures wanted a war, then a war they shall get.

vote,comment,and follow plz