Chapter 17: A Secret

Chapter 17

Rye was keeping something from me.

The sly guilty looks he would cast me, when he thought I wasn't looking.

Stirred my undying, suspicion.

After finally being discharged from the hospital, my days have been consumed by Rye asking questions about my memory.

How are you feeling?

Blood thirsty and annoyed.

Do you need something?

Time away from you.

Do you remember how we met?

I honestly don't care.

Am I your only mate?

No. There is 75 others that you don't actually know about. Dimwit.

Does the name Dace trigger anything?

Does the words, "Shut Up" not trigger your common sense?

Aside from the grueling interrogations, we have had our bearable moments.

(FLASHBACK)

My hands trailed down the smooth fabric of my red dress. It clung tightly to my womanly curves, showing off my best assets.

I grinned a sultry smirk. Dangerous beauty, practically oozed off of me. I gave a quick wink to my reflection in the mirror, before strutting out of the bathroom in my high heels.

Suddenly a wave of dizziness, washed over me.

"This is not my warrior." a voice in my conscience rang.

I halted my steps, confused. That did not sound like my vampire?

"Ignore it." my favorite, dark voice sneered.

With a quick nod of my head, I continued to go meet up with Rye, for our "Date".

He rolled up to his house with a sly grin. Dace said he wanted this to be like a real, mundane, date. Not that I cared.

Wait a minute. Did I just say Dace?.....

1 BORING hour later-

The date sucked. I couldn't get him to shut up! Then to top it all off,

HE WOULD'T LET ME KILL THE WAITER!!!!

Why did he have a human waiter, practically advertise his blood if he wasn't selling it.

Well I guess the make out at the end, made the date at least a little more bearable.

My head started to ring with pain as a hoarse voice whispered,

"What have you become."

(END OF FLASHBACK)

My vampire also knew something, and it hurt that she was keeping it a secret from me as well.

Who was Dace?

What parts of my life am I missing?

But most importantly,

"Who is inside my head?"