Chapter 6: Right or wrong choice

Chapter 6

I felt alone.

I was usually not bothered with this feeling but this felt different. Here I am, laying in the arms of my new mate.

But why am I lonely?

I feel as if I have a hole in my heart.

Dace. The name still makes my heart skip a beat. Something was wrong, I could feel it.

"He didn't reject us properly, Mercy" my wolf whimpered.

"We were both there! You saw him choose her over us!"

My wolf sighed shakily,"He has to say it verbally.That's why the mark isn't taking effect on us."

"On us?"

Irritably she replied,"Colton feels the mating bond, even though we don't."

Great. Now I have a mate who doesn't want me and a one sided relationship with my closest friend. God knows what, Dace is doing right now.

" I do", my wolf choked.

"What?"

A choked sob rang in my brain," He is dying because we were marked by someone else."

Dace's POV

I messed up.

I messed up big time. I guess this is the price I have to pay for being an idiot.

[Recap]

I felt disgusted when Trisha ran her lips on mine. It was so nasty, I had to pretend it was Mercy.

I was about to pull away when I felt Mercy's presence. I started to roughly kiss back Trisha,then pulled away and looked right at Mercy with a smirk, staring into her eyes.

They were cold and hard like every other day. I thought I would at least see a little jealousy, instead she just turned on her heel and ran away.

Trisha kept putting her dirty, sucker fish lips on my neck, so I pushed her away and told her to go home.

She looked shocked(for some unknown reason),then got up and left.

Old girlfriends were way to clingy.

[End of Recap]

Here I was, lying on the ground of my office, listening to my heart beat slower by the second.

I wanted to die, I had failed my once in a lifetime mate. I couldn't be a burden on her second chance of happiness.

My eyelids started to feel heavy. I heard faint footstep approach me before Mercy's face came into view,with tears streaming down her face.

"I must be seeing things", I muttered.

I heard a muffled shout before I let the darkness engulf me.

It couldn't have been Mercy, because she doesn't cry at all.

But at least I got to see her face again, illusion or not.