Chapter 26 : Too Late

Chapter 26

(Mercy's POV)

I'm not going to lie because it did hurt.

Even though it was nothing compared to the injuries I received in the arena. My mental pain was the one thing that was wounded. I know he couldn't stop himself but as I looked down and my battered and broken arm, I knew it was not only his vampire that did this. The wound was far too messy for a vampire so his emotions must have been the outlet.

Im not going to chase after him.

Im not going to beg for forgiveness.

Because he needs to figure this out on his own. And I also have a pack to take care of since they have announced me as alpha after finding the dead body of their former one. I may hate alphas but for some reason my wolf feels protective over them. And deep down inside my heart, I know that this pack is rightfully mine. On the outside, they are all bloodied and broken down with grief but on the inside, they are strong warriors who just fought in a major battle.

Standing up and letting my arm dangle down loosely, my face hardened and the pack gathered up together. I spotted a strong rogue who oozed power and I automatically called him up to the front.

"What is your name rogue?"

Bowing his head in respect he replied,

"John, alpha."

"Well John, you are now my beta."

His eyes widened in surprise as he nodded his head and stood beside me, looking down at my arm in concern. I glared back at the pack of the wolves before me a sighed.

"I'm not going to promise you blissful peace for this new pack. Because that would be a lie, peace does not exist. We will have battles and sons, daughters, mothers and fathers will die. But that is the life of a werewolf. That is the life our moon goddess has left us with. And we will make the most out of it. I am not your mother, or a person to look up to. I am not someone who will pick you up if you fall. Most of all, I am not your friend. I am someone who will lead and guide you in the midst of war and you will come out as victors."

For a moment the entire pack was quiet before they all got down onto their knees and submitted to their new alpha.

This is the Warrior Pack, and I expect nothing less but warriors who will be prepared to give up their life's when needed.

John stared at me with amazement, and his mouth gaped,

"How did you do that?"

I rolled my eyes and snarled,

"It's in my blood."

It seems as if my disgusting alpha blood, managed to make me become alpha despite the lengths I took to prevent it. I looked up at the cold, gray sky and groaned softly.

Why is the moon goddess so unfair?

vote,comment and f4f:)