Chapter 9 : war

Chapter 9

Dace let out a threatening growl, rumbling deep inside his chest. A pack member ran in, franticly.

"Rouges"

Dace and I shifted, gathering fighters. This was war.

I ran next to Dace, paws stomping the life out of the ground. "Stay safe, don't let your guard down", he mind linked. A wolfy smirk crawled upon my face, despite the chaos. "This is what I was raised to do" I responded.

Fighting is what I lived for no, breed for. It was as simple as breathing. Fight, Kill, Shred. My wolf howled in excitement," I want blood on our paws!"

Heat coursed through my body, eyes flashing red. I looked to my side, confused when I saw Dace several feet in front of me. He glanced back at me with a fearful expression. Ouch. That was a bullet to the heart.

"Mate is scared of us." my wolf whimpered.

"No dip Sherlock, were a freak show."

Dace was still frozen in his spot. I snarled in anger and ran past him, towards the battle. It was time to show him what I was capable of. Let's see how scared he is after that.

A white furred rouge ran up to me, intent to kill. I leaned back on my hind legs and pounced onto his back. He had a bigger body than I did but he seemed to just use his body muscle to plow into people. Idiot.

He whipped his head back, trying to sink his teeth into my side. I ripped my canines from his neck and clamped my jaws onto his muzzle. Yelping, he threw my body off his back and franticly tried to free his muzzle. I kept my hold until I heard a few bones crunch. Letting a piercing cry out, he yanked away from my hold. I was done playing around. I leaped forward and deeply bit into his neck. The rouge struggled a little, before his body fell limp.

All I saw was red before tearing into his flesh. I ripped his head from his body, listening to the faint "Thump" as it fell to the ground. His arms and legs soon followed after it. Blood matted my black coat, feeling warm.

My gaze returned back to normal and I stepped back, scanning my surroundings. Rouges and pack members stood frozen, horrified.

I howled in laughter, they resembled the arena crowd really well. I have no doubt that most of them probably think I'm a maniac. After all I am pretty crazy.

Colton walked away from the rest of the crowd shifted standing in all of his naked glory, not that I cared.Everyone in the arena was used to nudeness. He was clapping with a smile on his face, "This is the Mercy that I know! This is the Mercy that I want! My cold hearted wolf!"

I walked towards him in wolf form, noticing that the rouges an members stepped back. His grin widened,as he opened his arms out," Come to me, my mate."

My wolf chuckled darkly, as I grinned a sadistic smile,"My mate?"

I licked my lips, letting my tongue hang out as I got closer to him. Colton crouched down to my level, the crowd watched my reaction. I spotted Dace in the crowd, appearing frightened.

Alpha my tail.

My expression darkened as Colton reached out to touch my fur. My eyes turned red as I mind linked him,

"I belong to no one, my friend."

In one swift movement, I ripped his head off, before tearing him to pieces.

That wasn't my wolf this time, I was in full control.

I could feel myself, plunging deeper into the dark side. It wouldn't be long until I fully lost myself to the darkness.

I turned my head slightly, staring straight into Dace's eyes full of disgust.

"Good bye my mate" I mind linked, before darkness clouded my vision and I past out.