Chapter 3 : Unexpected

A/N: hi readers~~ I'm back~~~well, I'll say it here. I won't update very often cuz my eyesights are going bad, and I'm a bit scared, so sorry :\
Here's chapter 3~~~ please enjoy~~~~

Hinami, sitting on the ground, shaking, looked at the man standing under the streetlight. The light was bright, and she could only see his figure. She squinted, and saw who it was. It was Ayato.

"A-Ayato-kun....?" She said. Her lips were still trembling, and the tears on her face was glittering like strings of pearl. Ayato looked at her, and he sighed.

"What did I say before you left?" He said, half angry, half concerned. "You got hurt?" Ayato asked, and Hinami schooled her head. "Good. Let's go back to Anteiku." Ayato said as he reached out his hand.

"Hey! Asshat! Don't fucking ignore me!" The molester shouted as he ran toward Ayato. "Why haven't you fled?" Ayato said in a despising tone. The molester punched him, and he dodged it easily, and grabbed his head and smashed him against the wall.

He grumped and went still, and slid to the ground, leaving a bloodstain that came down all the way from the spot where he smashed into to the ground. Hinami, watching everything, almost fainted. She felt dizzy and fell backward.

Ayato caught her before she hit the ground. He took out his phone and called the police, and five minutes later they arrived and took the man away.

Ayato looked at Hinami, who fainted in the end. He sighed again and picked her up in bridal style and walked back to Anteiku.

He was about to reach Anteiku after five minutes, and he saw two figure walking toward them. He stopped at the door, and the two stopped as well. They were Kaneki and Touka.

They stared at one another for fully one minute, and Ayato opened the door and went inside without a word. "HOLD ON YOU FREAKING IDIOT!!! WHAT'VE YOU DONE TO HER????" Shouted Touka, and she ran into the cafe, and Kaneki followed.

"You'll wake her up, stupid sis." Ayato snapped. "What happened?" Asked Kaneki. "She walked Kusakari home and got molested on her way back, and I kicked that jackass's ass, and she fainted after that." Said Ayato casually.

"Hinami-chan got molested?!" Kaneki asked in disbelief. "Yeah, but it's fine, the molester didn't do anything to her. She's just scared." Said Ayato as he put a wet handkerchief on her forehead, trying to make her feel better.

"Damn it! What's going on around here? I think we should hire some bodyguards for girls living here!" Said Touka irritably. "Yeah, we can think about that." Said Kaneki, smiling.

"You don't need one, stupid sis. No one'd bother molest girls that look like you." Said Ayato, smirking. Veins appeared on Touka's forehead as she balled her hand into a fist.

"Haven't punched you in a long time.... Ayato!" Shouted Touka as she punched Ayato like a monster that was let out of its cage. Ayato dodged it and stuck out his tongue. Kaneki just stood there, watching them fight, laughing.

"Ah, I just remembered. Why did you came back?" Ayato asked after Touka stopped punching him. "Touka-chan forgot to bring her phone." Kaneki explained for Touka, who was panting next to him.

"Damn it..... Ayato.... you've got a bit stronger...." Touka said. "Hm. Do you think all we did in the gang was playing pranks?" Said Ayato. "Yeah." Said Touka. "Idiot." Ayato said, looking away from her. And Hinami opened her eyes.

"Huh?" She mumbled. "Oh, you're awake." Said Ayato, and he sat down beside her. "Why... Why am I lying here?" Hinami asked, confused.

"You fainted after you finished cleaning earlier. I think you got too tired, go get some sleep." Said Ayato. "D-Did I.....?" Hinami mumbled, shaking her head. "But why do I have a feeling that I've walked Miza-chan back her home and--"

"It was a dream." Ayato said as he put his finger on her lips, cutting her off. "Come on, go get some sleep." Said Ayato, and he picked her up in bridal style again, and went upstairs.

Kaneki and Touka, who were standing at the bar, watching everything, were all too shocked to say anything. They looked at each other, thinking about the same thing.

"This is either good or really really really really bad!!!"

Ayato walked downstairs with his both hands in his pockets. "Mn? You're still here?" Asked Ayato. "A-Ah, we're leaving. See you later." Said Kaneki, and he and Touka left.

The two left the cafe. They walked in silence for about ten minutes, and Kaneki broke it. "So..... what do you think'll happen next?" Kaneki asked. "I don't know. I'll just help them when they're in need." Said Touka as she shrugged. "Yeah, I guess so." Kaneki said.

In Ayato's room--

Ayato was lying in his bed, staring at the ceiling. This was the room where Kaneki used to live in, the room that was a weird place where was full of Kaneki's paintings.

"Weird..." He thought. "Why do I feel like protecting her this badly....?" Ayato mumbled, thinking about what'd happened not long ago.

The two became friends since Ayato started working at Anteiku, and it'd been two years since then. Having Hinami around him all the time seemed to became a really normal thing. However, things started changing. Hinami was no longer that insecure girl when they first met. She'd grown up and was a high school student now, but he thought he had to protect her even more.

"Why?" He thought.

Because of the bullies in the school? Because of the maniacs in the streets? Because of himself?

"Who knows?" He muttered.

Ayato closed his eyes and yawned. He remembered rumors about him when the Aogiri Tree was still active.

"Kirishima Ayato is a brother that really protects his sister."

That was what they used to say behind his back.

"Bullshit....." He thought.

"I regard her as my sister, and I don't want her to get hurt. That's all." He told himself.

But he was a bit concern about another thing. "That bastard..... white suit. That's what he was wearing.... White Suit..... Naki, it'd better not be you... or your stupid gang..." Ayato muttered again, and finally fell asleep.

In the room next to his, Hinami, who was lying in her bed, was still awake. She somehow had a feeling that Ayato wasn't asleep yet.

"Ayato-kun...." She muttered. Ayato was always helping her since they met, though he didn't admit it. She clutched her blanket a bit tighter.

"Thank you..." Hinami said, and fell asleep as well.

A/N: Yeah!! Chapter 3 finished~~~ it's a bit short, but I think it's okay. And you saw what I wrote at the top. Sorry, I'll try to update whenever I can. Please remember to vote, comment and follow me. Thanks for reading~~!!