Chapter 17 : The Two Books

A/N: Hellooooo~~~~ I'm back~~~~ school is sooooooo freaking busy!!!!! Two essays!! One research paper!! Presentations!!! World Scholar's Cup!! Model United Nations!! Freaking hell!! Anyway, enough for the complaint. Here's chapter 17!!!!!! Please enjoy~~~

Hinami opened her eyes. The sunlight was strong, penetrating through the curtains into her ward. She sat up, and looked around. "It still feels a bit weird....." She thought. Yesterday, she collapsed at school, and was brought to the hospital. "Hope I didn't say anything that's too embarrassing....." Hinami muttered. She couldn't quite remember the details of what really happened.

Someone knocked on the door, and Kanou and a nurse pushed opened the door and walked in. "Good morning, Fueguchi-san." Kanou greeted her. "Good morning." Hinami replied with a slight nod. "Well, time for the daily check." He said as he took out some devices. Hinami stretched out her arm and let Kanou do the checking. "You have really good friends." Kanou said when he was checking her blood pressure. Hinami nodded again. "It's just like when onii-chan was injured." Hinami said after a while.

"Yes, dreadful, that accident was." Kanou said, writing something down on his clipboard. "We were really worried, and when we knew that onii-chan was awake, we all rushed here almost at once. I was only really worried at that time, and I didn't realize how important friends are." Hinami said quietly. Kanou and the nurse were listening.

"I might have destroyed a close bond between a friend and I, and now I know how it feels like. I don't know if he will forgive me..." Hinami muttered, grasping the blanket. "Well, I'm not sure which one of them you're talking about, but there's one thing I am sure about." Kanou said as he stood up. "You didn't destroy the bond, in fact, you, somehow, strengthened it." He said with a smile, and left the room with the nurse.

Hinami stared at the door, thinking about what he'd said. "Strengthened it.... did I?" She thought, and smiled. For some reason, she was feeling better and happier. She couldn't tell why, but Kanou's words somehow cheered her up. She looked around and saw the little package that Kaneki said was a surprise. She reached for it, and her hand stopped in midair.

"If it was supposed to be a surprise, I'd better not open it now." She thought and pulled her hand back, and folded her arms. "But it's so boring..." She thought, and she turned on the TV and started switching channels, trying to find something interesting to watch. After about five minutes, someone knocked on the door again.

"Fueguchi-san," It was the nurse that came in with Kanou. "Yes?" Hinami answered, putting down the remote control. "You have visitors." Said the nurse mysteriously. "Visitors?" Hinami asked, a bit confused. "And a gift from your friend." The nurse said, putting daisy flowers on her bedside table with a card. "Who're they from?" Hinami asked. "He told me not to tell." The nurse said as she pressed her fingers on her lips. "Hmm, who're the visitors, then?" She asked, puffing her cheeks out. "Ah, you'll see later." She said, and walked to the door.

"They can't possibly be Miza-chan or Saiko-chan or the others, they're at school. And onii-chan and onee-chan know where my ward is, they don't need a nurse to bring them here. So who can they be?" She thought. The first few people that came to her mind were Tsukiyama, Yomo, and Uta. But her question was answered within seconds. Two green haired women were walking into the room.

"Hm? What's with this scream?" Some patients said in some ward at some place in the hospital.

Hinami nearly fell off her bed at the sight of these two women. They looked alike, but one was taller and one was shorter. The taller woman was Takatsuki Sen, the writer Hinami admired the most, and the shorter woman was Eto, a good friend of Kaneki.

"Geez, Hinami-chan, that scream is strong enough to lift the roof." Takatsuki Sen said, smiling. "We have expected some reaction like that, but we haven't expected a scream that's strong enough to put someone into unconsciousness." Eto said, also smiling. The nurse looked like she almost fainted.