Chapter 15 : Drowning

A/N: Hiiiii~~~ I'm back~~~~ miss me???? The winter vacation was over and the first two weeks of school were like torment... six day of school in the first week and doing stupid things in the second week..... well, at least it's the weekend now and I'm writing the new chapter!!!! Here's chapter fifteen~~~ enjoy 😊 ~~~

It has been about a month since the Christmas Ball was held, since Ayato and Hinami had that fight. They still talked with each other, but something was missing. They used to chat on their way to school and back to Anteiku, during work, and after they finished working. But now silence replaced those happy conversations. They avoided making eye contacts and physical contacts. The atmosphere was so depressed that it was starting to affect their customers.

"Let's get out of here quickly. I'm not here for getting bathed in sorrow and pressure." This was what they heard their customers whispering a few days ago.

School wasn't going well either. Even though the bad atmosphere didn't lower their grades, it casted a dark aura upon their fellow classmates. "Hey Saiko-chan, don't you think something in your classroom is issuing a really bad feeling?" Nashiro whispered to Saiko during their lunch break. "It feels like someone is putting a stone that weighs one ton on me!" Kurona said. Nashiro was nodding beside her.

"Ah it's all because of that Bakayato!" Saiko said a bit angrily, puffing her cheeks out and folding her arms. "Bakayato?" Kurona and Nashiro asked in unison. "She's talking about Kirishima-san." Miza said, frowning. "It just came to me, you don't know what happened." She said, and sighed. "What? Something went wrong between Hinami-chan and Kirishima-san?" Nashiro asked. "Don't tell anyone we tell you this and don't let Hinami-chan know we tell it to you. She told us to keep it quiet." Miza said, and she and Saiko started telling what happened on that night to the two.

When the two girls reached the end of the story, the twins covered their mouths, looking really shocked. "Oh my god...." They whispered at the same time. "Yeah, we know. It's horrible. Just look at how close they were before." Miza said, looking at the empty seat that should be occupied by Hinami. They usually sat in the back of the cafeteria, where there weren't that many students, where they could chat more freely.

"So where is Hinami-chan? You always say that she finished her lunch early and was at the library, but now after hearing all that...." Kurona asked, frowning. "......She's at the roof." Miza said, taking a sip of her water. "The roof? I thought the doors were all locked." Nashiro said. "They were, but she seems to have discovered a broken door, and she started eating her lunch there." Miza said. "She said she needs some fresh air, and we think so too. She looked terrible." Miza said, looking down at the table. "I think Kirishima-san really broke her heart." She sighed, and silence fell between them.

They ate in silence until Saiko broke it with a massive smash at the table. "THIS IS ALL THAT GODDAMN BAKAYATO'S FREAKING FAULT!!!!!!!" She shouted as the table cracked. The noisy cafeteria went dead quiet and everyone turned and stared at them. "You, come with me." A teacher approached her and took her away. The remaining four girls stared at the smashed table with their mouths wide opened and their hair stood up.

At the roof--

"Sigh...."

Hinami sighed as she looked down at the students at the exercise yard. "They look really happy...." She thought. What Ayato told her and his sudden confession scared her too much, and she still had a hard time recovering from the shock. "What did you really see, Ayato-kun...." She thought.

She didn't talk to Shikigami for a while as well. Everytime he approached her she would turn away quickly. She was afraid that if she talked to him, she really might discover the dark side of Shikigami. She didn't want to have any bad memories anymore.