Ch. 2

The BSAA soldiers and I made our way through the city. Chris led the way, Piers walked beside me and Finn walked behind me. I kept my gun at the ready just in case.

"So what are you doing here, in Edonia?" Piers inquired beside me. 'Crap! Think Beck, think!' I shouted in my head.

"Visiting family." I replied casually. It's half a lie. My brother is here. . .somewhere. I looked down to the ground thinking of where he could be. He's too skilled to die so soon, Jake is quick a thinker, I'm sure he escaped somehow.

"Beck, you alright-" Piers was cut off by a loud whistle that had come from his Captain. Chris turned the corner and stopped in front of a stone wall. "Up and over." he ordered.

All the soldiers climbed over by helping each other. Piers put his back to the wall and laced his fingers together. "Come on." I did as he instructed and put my foot in his hand, my hands on his shoulders. Piers pushed me up and I grabbed the top of the wall and pulled the rest of my body up. I sat at the top of the wall, holding out a helping hand for Piers.

"Come on." I mimicked his words, a smirk playing on my lips. Piers returned a smirk of his own and rolled his eyes. The male got a head start and ran half way up the wall. I gripped his hand and pulled him up so he was sitting beside me.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it." I said with a small smile. I swung my legs over the wall to get ready to jump.

"Look out!" Piers shouted in my ear. I didn't have time to react to what he said before his arms wrapped around me and knocked us off the wall. A loud explosion sounded on the side of the wall that we had come from. We landed pretty hard on the ground. Even though I had landed on Piers my body ached with pain.

"Head down!" the soldier ordered. I lowered my head to his chest as he raised his gun. Six gun shots rang through the air along with pained shouts. When it all stopped I looked up to Piers's face. He was breathing hard, pain etched on his face but out of all that just happened there was a smile on his lips. "Glad to see you're still safe." he breaths.

"Piers, report." Chris says running up to us with the others in tow.

"We're okay Captain." Piers announced. A light pink blush dusted my cheeks upon realizing the position we're in. I crawled off of him and held out a hand. He took it and I pulled him to his feet with slight effort.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it." he says jokingly, copying my words from earlier. I smiled at him. Damn he's hot and has a sense of humor, is their anything not perfect about this guy? "What?"

"What?" I ask.

"You're just staring at me." he says. My face heats up and I adverted my gaze from his. He caught me looking at him.

"Sorry." I looked up and the other BSAA soldiers were watching us, a few with smirks on their lips. Damn them. I sent them glares and Chris gets the memo for he was one of them with a smirk. The Captain cleared his throat and adjusted his gun.

"Alright. Lets get moving." Chris said.