Ch. 10

Six months. It's been six months since Ada brought me here. I miss everyone. Jake, Finn yet most of all Piers. I hope Jake's okay, I really want to believe that he's looking for me right now, to believe that he's coming to save me. And Finn. . .oh Finn, the boyish rookie who was too young and too sweet to die such a horrible death. He haunts my dreams almost nightly, causing me to wake up in the middle of the night crying. Nightmares of watching him repeatedly die and mutate into a mindless beast and kill me without a second thought.

Then there's Piers. I miss the small comments we would make to each other, saving each other's lives, his gorgeous greenish gray eyes, his perfectly sculpted jaw and above all his protective manner. Instead I'm stuck in this facility all because of my stupid blood!

At first the scientists would run blood tests daily then it slowly decreased so now I have tests twice a week. It wasn't long before they told me why my blood was special. It's because of the man whom I was told since I was a kid had skipped out on us. My father.

Apparently he had this anti-body that could fight off any virus and he had passed it down to Jake and I. His name was Albert Wesker.

At one point he wanted to destroy the world and make a new one yet ended up getting himself killed in the process. It didn't matter so much to me for he was never apart of my life but there was Jake to think about and how he would react upon gaining this knowledge.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of my room/cell's door opening. The giant white contraption slid open, revealing three men, two with guns and the third with nothing save for a key card. A small gust of air blew in, rising goosebumps on my bare skin. I'm wearing a plain white tank top and plain pair of white capri leggings, ideal for lounging around which is what I do most of the time anymore.

I swung my legs off of my bed, my bare feet coming in contact with the cold floor below as I held out my wrists. The closest guard came to me and placed thick restraints on my arms. I stood and stepped out of my room.

We barely moved two feet when all of the electricity shut off. The three men seemed just as confused as myself. I smirked, realizing I had an opening. Might as well get some use out of the situation.

I attacked swiftly, stepping behind the man beside me and snapped his neck in a matter of seconds. Before the other two males present had time to register what was going on, I picked up the gun from the ground and shot both of them in the head. By now my veins were pumping with the adrenaline I have been storing away for months now.

I unlocked my restraints and grabbed the key card. I am finally escaping this hell hole. I got to the hallway, my feet padded down the corridor as the loud alarm blared throughout the building. I wonder who had shut off the power as I ran down the familiar corridors.

I came to an unfamiliar crossroads and peered around the corner. A pair of men were coming my way. When they got closer, I came out and tripped the closest guy to me. Somehow he hit his own head and rendered himself unconscious making my job easier. I then jumped and roundhouse kicked the second male in the head.

"Hēi, bié!" (Hey, stop!), a voice shouted from behind me. I didn't listen and sprinted down the corridor. The person's footsteps following suit. I got to a room I remembered and locked the door. Up in the top left corner was a vent. I pulled the vent open and climbed up, shutting it close behind me.

I crawled through various vents, trying to find a safe room to get out. Finally there was a locker room that caught my eye. I kicked the vent screen out and jumped down.

I searched the lockers and found my clothes hung up perfectly and what surprised me the most was the fact that they had been washed. I stripped myself of my white clothes and pulled on my gray thermal, black jeans, fingerless gloves, combat boots, BSAA jacket then put on my holsters and checked my ammo. They had given me extra ammo too!! Man, I still hate these people but they did give me ammo and that's pretty cool.

From behind me, a set of metal doors opened then closed. I whipped around and aimed my gun at the noise only to be met with...Sherry Birkin?

"Sherry?"

"Becka? Wait was that you who shut the power off?" the blonde questioned. I shook my head and sat down on the bench in the middle of the room. Sherry looked through the lockers and in the locker that was beside mine, she found her clothes as something or rather someone dropped down from the vent I had come from.

Both of us turned towards the male. "Jake!" Sherry said aloud. Both of them move to each other yet froze in their places. Jake covered his eyes as Sherry hid by her locker. I got up and hugged my brother who chuckled to himself.

"Hey lil'sis. I knew you were here. Just that brotherly sense." he joked. I pulled away.

"What are you a physic now? I'll be outside, get dressed." I said pushing him away. I walked out of the locker room and sat down against the wall. I wonder how Piers is doing? If he's forgotten me. Six months and I still can't get him off my mind.

A few minutes later, Sherry comes out with anger written upon her features. Behind her came Jake who looked equally pissed. Trouble in paradise? "I have to let my superiors know I'm O.K. But first we need a way to contact them." Sherry explained. I nodded and began walking.

We pushed our way through the large building. We were so close to getting out of this hell hole when a new problem arose. Now we have to collect stupid coins in order to get out! Who the hell designed this place?