Ch. 19

I followed Piers around the large chamber. "Guys I think this is some sort of lift!" Sherry called out as her and Jake came around the other side of the Chamber. "There's one over there too. Let's get out of here!" I looked over to where she was pointing. Sure enough there was a lift that was built into the wall of the chamber.

"Piers." I tugged on his hand, turning his attention to a screen that was beeping. We went over to it quickly. It was beeping loudly as it showed a map of the world's eastern countries slowly being taken over by red. "HAOS release simulation. Infection rate, 20%...60%...infection rate...100%." I read the readings aloud to Piers and Now Chris who came out of nowhere. 

We looked up towards the ceiling as the chamber continued to shake. The gigantic cocoon that hung from the ceiling trembled as well. "What the hell is this?" Chris muttered. 

"The end of the world." Piers replied even though I'm sure Chris was able to get that answer himself. 

"Unless we stop it." My stomach twisted momentarily before settling. 'That thing is now going to break open and escape. I won't let it.' I thought determinedly, pulling both BSAA operatives towards the empty shift across from Jake and Sherry.

"...So if that giant cocoon hatches..."

"We're in trouble." Chris replied to Sherry as him and Piers pulled down on the levers. Piers looked over to Chris and I as the lifts started moving. 

"We gotta get out of here and warn HQ." 

As the lifts moved upward, the facility's soldiers began dropping out of nowhere and attacking us. I jumped and slammed my foot in the chest of a soldier about to shoot Piers and the soldier toppled over the side of the lift. 

We continued to stand our ground against the soldiers. Chris and Jake stared bickering and I rolled my eyes at the two. Didn't they just let go of this tension less than twenty minutes ago? "If it ever comes down to you and me, it will be me, got it?"

"Oh please." I grumbled, shooting two soldiers in the head.

"Loud and clear." 

I rolled out of the way of being shot and kicked the feet out from under the soldier. He fell to the ground and I shot him in the shoulder before kicking him over the edge of the lift. He fell over but not before he grabbed my ankle. I went to stand only to be dragged backwards and over the side of the lift. 

A scream burst from my lips as I reached for anything and everything. In the nick of a second to fall to my death, a hand snatched my hand up and with the bang of a gun all weight on my ankle came undone. I was pulled back onto the lift and into a chest. "I gotcha." Piers smirked, shooting down three soldiers.

I scoffed, pushing him away playfully. "Of course you do." I stated, continuing to fight like I hadn't just seen my life flash before my eyes.

Finally the lift came to a stop and we all climbed off, moving towards the opening in the wall. I heard a much louder rumbling sound and came to a stop, stare up at the cocoon in complete shock and horror. "Shit." I cursed, staring up at the thing as it began to break open.

We all aimed at it, confidently until it complete burst from its wrap. It was hideous, looking like a actually person, for once, with boneless arms and a skull for a face. I gulped yet stood still. The B.O.W. looked over at us before swinging its gigantic arm up and towards us. "LOOK OUT!!" 

We all jumped out of the way of the arm as it smashed down onto the spot we were just in. The B.O.W. then fell from its hanging position along with the cocoon, hurtling down to the empty pit below us. 'I hope it just killed itself.' I though bitterly, now noticing the large missing gap between Chris, Piers and I, and Jake and Sherry. 

"Chris!" Sherry called as I looked over the edge of the lift to see that the fricking B.O.W. was still alive and now was climbing up the side of the chamber. 

"We got this go!"

"Becka, let's go!" Jake called me to jump across the gap but I stood my ground stubbornly. Jake's face soften upon seeing my determined look, knowing what I was going to say.

"No. You still you job to finish and I'm not going to let this thing get loose. Now go!" I demanded harshly. He looked at me a moment longer before his expression turned hard once again. He nodded and I fought back the stinging sensation in my eyes. "Love ya!" 

"Love you too sis." he said before running off with Sherry. I took a deep breath, my chest hurting. 'This might be the last time I ever see him so take care of him Sherry.' I prayed, pulling out my pistols and reading myself with Piers and Chris.

"Beck, what are you thinking? Go with them while you still have a chance." Piers ordered but I smiled at him, causing him to go silent with confusion. Chris too, as they stared at me.

"I'm with you til the end, whether I'm BSAA or not. You two aren't loosing me that easily." I explained with new profound confidence and they seemed to silently agree as we got ready for the incoming B.O.W.

When it reached us, I pulled the two of them with my to a thick ladder built into the wall. The thing is way to close to fight. 

We need to run.