Ch. 12

"Come on Becks, you're not leaving us that easily." a voice murmured near me yet I couldn't register anything in my state. My limbs felt numb, a dull throb was present at the back of my head, a slight stinging sensation possibly from scratches of some sort covered my bare skin, sending shocks of pain up and down my body and a low ringing noise sang throughout my head. Thankfully, it felt as if my senses were coming back as that voice continued to speak to me, then I felt a sharp, hard pain spread through my face. I let out a pained cry as I flinched back and coddled my burning cheek. "Sherry!"

"What? At least she's waking up!" a female voice spoke up. I came back to my senses to see Jake crouch at my side and Sherry covering both of us from the enclosing J'avo.

"What the hell happened?" I groaned, sitting up and holding my head.

"You got thrown back from the explosion of the bike then Sherry slapped you." Jake replied bluntly. I nodded.

"Oh...great." I said, getting to my feet.

"You sure you can handle this?" he asked over-protectively like the big brother he was. I nodded, arming myself with my pistols. A smirk began to tug at the corner of my lips as I scoffed mostly to myself.

"Bring it on." I purred.

"OK. Chris's team will protect us." Sherry informed. The three of us split up to take on our own chosen enemies.

"We don't need their help! We didn't ask for it either!" Jake shouted over all the gunfire, shouts and fighting. I rolled my eyes as I jumped up on a J'avo's shoulders and snapped his neck. It started to crumble to ashes as I shot three more in the head.

"Oh, come on Jake, I'm pretty sure in our current situation, asking for help wouldn't be such a bad thing!" I explained, picking up a tossed grenade and throwing it back at the enemy where it exploded right in the middle of a small group of them.

"Are you kidding me?!? You're only saying that because you have a crush on one of them! And I bet it's that Piers guy!!" Jake shouted back just as I looked up to see how the BSAA soldiers were doing and it just so happened that I made direct eye contact with the said soldier. I blushed madly as he winked down at me. 'OH. MY. GOD. He totally heard us!!! I'm going to kill you Jake!' I glared darkly at my older brother before shooting the J'avo about to shoot him. "What's that Becks? No response?" he then started laughing, causing me to blush harder.

"Oh really then how about you and Sherry, huh?!" I questioned back.

"W-whoa, whoa, whoa...do not turn this on me!"

"Hey! Don't bring me into this!" Sherry demanded. I laughed at the duo's reactions and shot a J'avo in the leg. Instantly the already mutated being mutated even further, his leg growing into the form of a giant grasshopper's, his other leg following suit.

"The hell is that thing?!" Jake questioned as the J'avo stood up to its new profound height. A chuckled emitted from its throat, rising the hair on the back of my neck.

"You're asking me?!" I asked as I sprinted the opposite direction of the J'avo. "It's a bug. It's a bug! It's a giant bug!" I began to freak out. If I were to have one weakness...it's bugs. I'm even afraid of ladybugs. LADYBUGS people! Now these people are mutating into giant bugs!! I can't, I just can't.

"Rebecka! Watch out!!" Sherry shouted but it was too late a different grasshopper type J'avo jumped down in front of me, grabbed my arm and jumped as high as it could. I didn't care how girly I sounded, I let loose a scream as we rocketed upwards. "Rebecka!!" 'This isn't good. This isn't good at all.' I thought. He then let his go of his grasp.

I began to fall towards the ground when another grasshopper J'avo grabbed me and dropped me. Then it happened again like they were playing game of hacky sack. The fourth time a grasshopper J'avo grabbed me from the sky, I shot him in the chest. That sent me flailing towards metal pipes sticking up from the ground. Before I hit and became a kebab, something tackled me out of the air and rolled before standing back up with me in their arms.

I shakily opened my eyes to discover gorgeous greenish-gray ones staring down at my pale blue ones. "Piers." I gasped, tightening my grip around his neck.

"Just...dropping in?" he asked chessily. I rolled my eyes jokingly.

"My hero." I replied, smiling like a dork.

"It's good to see you again Beck."

"You too Piers." I said, as he lowered me to the ground and I secretly and strongly wished he hadn't had put me down. My thoughts were interrupted when he pulled me behind him and shot the J'avo in the chest twice and one in the head. "Thanks."

"Sure thing. What is it...one to zero?" he joked. I sighed.

"Oh Piers." he grabbed my hand in his and we ran to where the rest of his team and his captain were. "Chris!" I said as we closed in. The said male looked at us with a small smile and began to aide his men at killing J'avo.

"S'Good to see you're still alive Becka." Chris said. He seems different somehow from the last time we saw each other, almost like he's closed himself off from somethings.

"Back to you." I said, joining the soldiers in protecting Jake and Sherry down on the ground. I fired round after round yet being so far away from them it was hard to get clean shot, especially with handguns. All of a sudden, three grasshopper J'avo jumped down from the helicopter. We were quick to kill two but the third one took the first chance it got and attacked us. That person happened to be me.

I kicked my square in the chest, sending me over the ledge we were standing on. "Piers!" I cried out, reaching for his outstretched hand.

"Rebecka!"

I barely missed him and fell to the ground below and luckily I landed on a small roof which I slid down, shoot a couple of J'avo in the head then rolled to soften the impact. I stood up fully, tonight's exercise finally catching up to me. 'So, so, so much running.' I though grudgingly to myself.

I ran to catch up with Jake and Sherry, the three of us stood back to back, shooting down J'avo. 'Man, I really wish I was back up there with Piers.' I mentally pouted. "Droppin' like flies. We'll have this mess cleaned up in no time.

"Yup." Sherry and I replied in unison.

~Timeskip~

We had finally finished taking down all of the J'avo and that included the helicopter. I bent over, trying to catch my breath. Wow, tonight's been nonstop, I'm surprised I'm still standing. Jake and Sherry looked up to where the BSAA team was and I followed suit. "Come on, let's go. Our orders are to avoid contact with anyone."

"Does he know Wesker was our father?" Jake pointedly asked me. I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders.

"Could be a possibility, but no, I'm not sure. Why?" I truthfully replied then followed Sherry.

"No reason. It just rubbed in the wrong way." Jake stated as we headed out. I took one last look up at them and straight at Piers. Who knows the next time I'll see him? 'Alright time to finish this thing.' I thought as I took off, after Jake and Sherry.