Ch. 21

"Check your ammo." Chris ordered, reloading his weapons. I followed suit, checking my pistols. 'Shit, I have one mag left. Better make it count.'  I thought, putting them away and waiting for the two men to finsih up. "Alright, let's go." Piers and I nodded to Chris and we moved out.

We started jogging down the long corridor when I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Something told me to look up and so I did just in time to see it. That skully face, staring down at us. "Son of a bitch!" I shouted, stopping in my tracks. 

The two males stopped as well, looking up just as the B.O.W. slammed itself into the corridor. 

The corridor shook as it became detatched the the next part of the walkway. 'Shit it's seriously trying to kill us.' I stumbled back on the now slanted corridor before gaining my footing and jumping up to grab the ledge of the next corridor. 

"Captain, we're out of time! We gotta go!" Piers shouted from behind me. I pulled myself up onto the corridor floor and glanced back to see both of them climbing the walkway. I heard the whirrling of a machine and looked up to the ceiling. 

"Guys hurry!! This place has safety measures, the door is closing!!" I shouted, urging them to hurry their asses up. 

Finally they got to the corridor before the door shut completely and we took off running before we had to repeat what just happened. The B.O.W. slammed into the corridor again, casuing the three of us to stumble while running. 

Out of nowhere, the thing's hand ripped through the ceiling letting in water as it attempted to grab one of us. Chris shot at it as Piers stumbled, falling to the ground from the sudden rough movement. 

As the hand pulled out of the hole in the ceiling, I snatched Piers's hand and made a run for the next corridor before this door could close. "I'll be damned if we die here." Piers spoke over the rushing water.

"We are not going to die here, now let's go!" I ordered, pulling the beautiful man along with me. I honestly have no idea what I would do if he died therefore I'm going to deny the possiblity of dying today. Not when we have come this close by now. I can taste the freedom, we just have to get past this stupid B.O.W.

I felt overjoyed when we reached the last door. Those feelings immediately disappeared when the cooridor shook more violently than before and Piers slipped from my gasp, flying backwards as I crashed to the metal grating beneath me. "Piers!" 

The door slid shut quickly but Chris wedged himself in between it and the floor, holding it open like superman. I slid over with this opportunity and held out my hand to Piers. "Hurry! Can't hold it...."

Piers gives me a determined yet wild look before jumping up from his hanging position and grabs onto my hand at the last minute. I'm pulled down near instantly by his weight but force myself to pull him up. "Thanks."

Once safe, Chris lets the door go and we hurry to the best of our manage to the last door. I bend over in exhaustion as the guys pull open the metal doors. How do they still have so much energy and strength. I'm struggling here.

We get into the next string of corridors. I look out the window as the huge shadow of the B.O.W. swins directly twoards us beofre smashing into it, creating a huge web a broken glass. "We're sitting ducks in here!"

"You're right we gotta move!" Piers shouts as we start sprinting this time with a clear passage ahead of us. I manage to keep up with them until the B.O.W. burst through the ground behind us, trying to sqeeze into the corridor with us. 

Each time we would clear another corridor it would burst through those doors like a foortball team ripping through their spirit poster on gamenight. "There! The doors closing!!" Piers informed us. I picked up my pace, running evenly with both males before we slid uder the closing door. 

Groans left our mouths as we turned back around. sure enough the B.O.W. stuck its hand underneath the door before it closed and was now ripping it back open. "Just give up already!" I cried out as I stood up. I pulled out my remaining full pistol when the B.O.W. swiped its hand out maliciously. 

I froze up as the hand closed in on me. With nothing else to do, I held up my hands into somehow protect myself before I toally get bitch slapped by this B.O.W. 

The beast swatted me away like a fly and I hurted backward unti lI slammed, backfirst, into the far wall, my head slamming into the metal structure moements later. "Rebecka!! Captain!!" 

My vision blackened momentarily as I came in an out of consciousness. 'Damn, that hurt.' I though, reaching a hand up only to find it still lips beside me. All of the previos exhaustion that I have been pushing away since Piers found hours ago was now crashing back down onto me. 

I caught glimpses of Piers getting snatched up my his right arm before being throw against a wall too, his arm getting sliced in the process. The man I love cried out in utter pain, gripping onto the metal cutting through him.

The sighting slightly brought me back to my senses as a reached out a hand. 'Piers.'  I thought before dropping my arm and head in drowsiness, my vision blackening again. "PIERS!!" I heard Chris shout, ripping me from my drowsy state momentarily. I lifted my head slightly to find a glistening knife beneath the water covered floor beside me. 

I grab the knife in my shaking, drained hand before going limp again. 'Damn, get up Becka! Chris and Piers need you!' I mentally shouted at myself.

I'm brought back once again by the sound of electricity begin charaged up. As I look up I watch as lightling emits from Piers's arm but by now I'm shaocked see that it had mutated somehow. The B.O.W. drops Chris with a screech. Its pained screeches continue as the emergency door shuts completely, cutting on its torso. 

"Beck!" Chris's voice cuts in and I shift my gaze to him as he wraps an arm under my knees and behind my beck before carrying me over to the door. "Stay here, we'll handle this." he said before i let myself fall back into darkness, this time not being able to resist its welcoming clutches. 

~ Chris's POV ~

I watched as the young girl passed out in front of me, her head dropping without warning. This isn't good. Beck's not in the best shape right now but she has been pulling her own weight I'll give her that. This girl is resilient. 

Just today she has had her blood sapped from her, fought against J'avo and Umbrella soldiers, nearly died multiple times along with possibly drowning and fought a B.O.W. all while keeping up with Piers and I, it's only fair that I give her this time to rest as Piers and I take care of this infectous bastard.

I stood with new profound confidence and deterinamtion as I readied my gun and charged in to battle and assist Piers with killing this damned B.O.W.