Ch. 24

~ Piers's POV ~

My head hurts...ugh, why is everything so bright? My eyes fluttered open to a white ceiling and a soft beeping sound. Where am I? I looked around the white room before feeling something tighten around my right hand.

Wait....my right hand? I snapped my hand in the direction of my right arm to find it perfectly intact and not mutated at all. However attached to it was a sleeping angel twitching cutely in her sleep. Rebecka.

I smiled warmly before my heart sank in depression. This must mean I'm dead if everything seems perfect. But then what is that beeping sound?

I looked behind the girl I love to find a heart monitor hooked up to wires stuck to my chest by small pads. Now I'm confused. So heaven has hospitals? But why is Rebecka here? I sat up with a groan, feeling my joints pop from laying in that position for so long.

My movement seemed to have awaken the beauty sleeping against the side of my bed since she stirred before sitting up and rolling her shoulders back in exhaustion. Her beautiful brown hair falls off of her shoulders as those mesmerizing pale blue eyes glance over at me sadly observing my face before widening in utter shock. "Oh my god." she breathes.

I can't help the smile that spread across my lips as she shakily reaches out, handing my face in her hands like she was double checking that I was truly awake before pulling me into a hug. She buried her head into the crook of my neck. A few of her tears ran down the skin of my neck and I rubbed her back reassuringly before pulling her away. I looked at her seriously. "I'm not dead...am I?" I asked hesitantly.

She let out a small laugh, sitting down on the side of my hospital bed. "No actually."

"But....my arm....how?"

"You can thank my brother for that one." I stared up at Beck like she had grown a second head.

"What?" I breathed out in disbelief. "Jake?" she nodded with a happy smile, one that made my stomach flutter with butterflies. 'Man, this girl.'

"Yup. When the BSAA picked us up two months ago from the research facility--"

"Wait two months?!" I questioned, sitting up straight to stare at her in bewilderment. She chuckled, putting her hands on my chest and pushed me back down.

"Let me finish Nivans." she ordered playfully. I reluctantly listened but not before I pulled her to my chest where she now lays with her head on my chest. I play with her hair with my miraculously healed hand.

"So...when we were picked up, the medics immediately put you into comatose after Chris and I were able to reassure them that you weren't the enemy. When we got back to HQ, they took you straight to the medical wing while I went straight to the testing labs. They took a sample of my blood and made a vaccine. It was able to subdue most of the virus inside of you for a few days but clearly it wasn't strong enough." she sighed, shifting in her spot beside me.

I hummed in response as I grabbed her other hand and was now rubbing circles into the top of her knuckles with my thumb.

"We were running out of options on how to save you. Heh, It was a miracle when Sherry showed up with a case of vaccines made from Jake's blood. Turns out he's had stronger anti-bodies than me this whole time and we were able to kill off the virus inside of you. As for for your arm...." she took a tired breath, releasing it through her beautiful lips in a long sigh. "...the vaccine killed off the virus but that was it, the doctors ended up having to cut off your arm and took some of your DNA to grow you a new arm through their new bioengineering program. I can't tell you how much I was worrying but everything turned out perfectly the way the doctors said it would."

I gave a breathy laugh, looking down at my new arm. 'It looks and feels the exact same than my old arm did.'

The door to the hospital room opened and a nurse walked in with a tray of pouches and needles. Her eyes widened upon seeing us and Beck was quick to get off the bed.

I looked at the nurse sheepishly as she hurried to my beside to check my vitals. She would ask me questions like how I was feeling, if anything felt wrong and I would answer shortly with yes or no.

While I was being pestered by the nurse, I looked over to Beck with a warm smile until I saw what she wearing. Black army boots, uniform camo pants, a black belt and a hunter green T-shirt with the BSAA insignia plastered on her left shoulder sleeve all while a pair of dog tags hung around her neck.  Tags that read her name: Rebecca Muller, along with her rank.

Even after the nurse left to get the doctor, I was still staring at the girl before me. "What?" She asked, squirming under my gaze.

"D-did you....join the BSAA?" I asked hesitantly. Realization hit her and she straighten her back.

"Uh....y-yeah....Chris offered to take me in under him." She explained, messing with her fingers. "Are you okay with that?"

A huge smile broke out in my face. I beyond happy that she's joined, that now I'll be able to see that beautiful angelic face of hers more often. "So, Chris is still in the BSAA?" I asked.

"Yup." She popped the 'p' with a smile. "He's back in Edonia right now though, he's clearing out the remaining J'avo from eight months ago. I'm supposed to join him next week." She explained, sitting back in her seat as the doctor came in.

He told me that he had to run a few physical tests later on today but once those were done I was free to go. I thankful as he left.

"I'm glad your okay." Beck said standing up and wandering back over to my bed once the door was shut behind the doctor. I smiled up at her.

"Me too....so....do I get a kiss?" I asked cheekily teasing her as I grabbed her hand in mine.

"Pfft." She huffed playfully and I laughed in return. As opened my eyes to look at her though I was surprised to find her so close, her face inches away from my own. "Only if you truly deserve it." She whispered, sending shivers throughout my body.

She smirked at my expression before planting her lips to mine. It was slow and sweet at first yet Beck wasted no time in making it rough and passionate. I matched her paces quickly, my heart pounding in my chest.

Beep.....beep....beep...beep..beep-beep-beep-beep-beep. Beck pulled away quickly looking over to my heart monitor before smirking down at me. "Excited?" She teased.

My face flushed bright red as I stared at her then the monitor then back at her. Beck started giggling hysterically. I hugged in annoyance before yanking the monitors pads off of my chest and ribs. I tossed them to the side before grabbing Beck's waist.

Her laughter was cut off upon feeling my touch. I pulled her towards my chest causing her to gasp in surprise. "Only for you babe." I whispered. I planted my lips to hers. When I pulled away I looked into those gorgeous pale blue eyes of hers.

"I love you Rebecka Muller."

"I love you too Piers Nivans."