Ch. 7

We found some ammo in an abandoned shack and reloaded our weapons. I stocked up on some handgun and shotgun ammo. We then made our way back out to the streets. I stuck close to Piers as usual, watching his back.

"Sherry Birkin! National Security!" a voice announced. We all looked in the direction of the voice. It belonged to a petite blonde lady. She held up a badge, showing to the BSAA soldiers.

I looked to the person with her. He wore basically all black, a mercenary badge on his left shoulder. He had shortly cut reddish hair but his pale blue eyes matched mine almost identically. "Sherry Birkin? You were in Raccoon City-"

"Jake!" I shout. I sprint to my brother and wrap my arms around his neck. He stumbles a few feet before realizing what's going on and returns the hug.

"Hey little sis." He teases, ruffling my hair in the process. I push him away and flatten my brown locks. Ugh I hate it when he does that. I beam him a smile and he wraps his arms back around me and places his head on top of mine. I huff out in annoyance but I'm happy either way. My brother is alive and breathing.

"I had faith that I would see you again." Jake mutters.

"And I you." I mumble into his chest.

"Beck. . .he's a wanted insurgent. How do you know him?" Piers asks in a protective manner. I can feel him glaring in our direction and I roll my eyes.

"They don't know I'm a mercenary too and I plan on keeping it that way. So please don't say anything." I pleadingly whisper into Jake's chest. I feel his head nod and I let him go.

"This is my older brother, Jake Muller. Like I had said before. . .I came here to visit family." I lied straight to their faces. I feel so horrible lying to the men who have ensured my safety for this whole morning.

The BSAA soldiers seem to buy my lie and I see Chris glancing between the two of us trying to figure something out. "Yes, he's a mercenary. But right now he's under the protection of the U.S. Government. He's of no threat to the BSAA." Sherry explains.

"Unless someone pays me to be." Jake mutters loud enough for everyone to hear. I slap his arm and shoot a glare his way. He only shrugs. 'Ugh, why does he have to act this way?'

"What did you say?" Piers growls. I look at the BSAA soldier with a look telling him to calm down. He caught it and backed off a little.

"What?" I hear Jake speak up. He's looking directly at Chris.

"Nothing." he replies and all the BSAA soldiers bring their hands to the comm in their ears.

Everything then happens all at once. An enemy helicopter drops a large 'package' in front of us. This adds to pile of chores we must do. The 'package' is identical to the giant B.O.W. we saw back at the two of hearts. "Today just keeps getting better and better doesn't it?" I grumbled sarcastically. Jake scoffed beside me.

"Tell me about it." he joined in.

"We'll talk later. For right now you need to find cover." Chris ordered the three of, mostly speaking to Sherry. The lady nodded and the three of us jogged away.