Ch. 15

Jumping out of the way of the beast charging at us, I roll and quickly get to my feet. I stand, turning around and dodge multiple grabs the thing makes at me. I flip backwards then run. I know the thing is following me for its heavy feet pound on the ground, shaking everything within a short distance. I run halfway up a wall then kick off, flying over the beast as he slams into the wall. I roll, not giving myself a second to compose myself before sprinting off towards the others as they light up the bastard, bullet casings decorating the ground around their feet.

"Mind telling me what that freaking behemoth wants with us?!" I demand, narrowing my eyes on Jake and Sherry.

"This isn't a good time. I'll tell you later." Jake states, reloading his gun.

"When is it ever a good time?!" I question loudly. We watch as that big guy climbs on top of a shipping crate then disappears.

"Now's our chance. Let's go." Leon's partner whom I was informed is named Helena, states. We run over to a fence; Leon scales it with no problem while Jake gives Sherry a boost. I turn around upon feeling the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. That thing had returned, a new attachment on its arm, and fired a grenade towards our group.

"Shit." comes out of my mouth as I duck out of the way, instinct pulsing through my veins. "What now?!"

"We kill him. Once and for all." Jake says determined. I pull out my second pistol, matching his determination with my own.

"Fine with me."

~ Timeskip ~

The creature stumbled backwards and onto his knees when all of a sudden the radio tower that the plane had crashed into exploded, throwing debris in every-which-way along with fire. Soon the tower begins to tilt until it falls completely. I run to dodge it and the metal object lands harshly, exactly where I had been standing. If I had not moved, I'd be dead right now. I sighed, looking around then realization hit me like a brick to the chest.

I twist around to face the burning tower, looking for those pale blue eyes which are identical to my own. "Jake!" I shout, fear and panic clearly evident in my voice.

"Sherry?!" Leon shouts from beside me.

"Becka! Are you alright?!" Jake's voice comes from over the roaring fire. I sigh in relief.

"Y-yeah I'm fine!" I shout back.

"Leon! We're going to head towards the Kwun Lung building over in Koocheng! That's where I'm meeting with Simmons!" Sherry shouts over through the fire. I can barely make out the two of their figures but they seem to be alright.

"Sherry, listen! Until you get there I need you to--" a huge explosion cuts Leon off, forcing us to take a step back. I panickly look back at the tower, hoping to catch another glimpse of my brother yet the fire is too big to see anything but flames.

"Are they going to be alright?" Helena asks.

"Let's just hope that Jake kid is as good as he thinks he is." Leon mutters but I still catch it. Straightening up, I turn on them.

"He is." I growl before walking past both of them, making sure to hit Leon's shoulder for good measure. I feel the two of them stare at my back as I proceed down the alleyway. Soon I hear their footsteps following me along with their hushed voices. They're talking to someone yet I don't bother to tune in and keep my pace. 'Please stay safe Jake.' I pray to myself.

We got past a gate and walked into an open market. There had been screaming but when we went to check what it was all we found was a dead body. We finally found a door with three locks on it. "Oh you have got to be kidding me." I sigh heavily in frustration. "Alright, I'll go find one key, you two find the other two keys." I explain, then take off in a different direction, paying no attention to Leon's protests.