Ch. 16

All my senses became alert as Piers's voice rang out through the tense stare down between the soldier and agent. My eyes, darting towards Piers, along with everyone else, as Ada drops a flash grenade. I shut my eyes before it could go off. It does and I hear the groans of everyone. I open my eyes to see Ada zip-lining away. I fire a few rounds along with Piers yet the beast in human form gets away.

I see that the others are safe before I jump over the railing to the ground below. "Rebecka!" Piers calls out yet I ignore it. I run as fast as I can to try to catch up with Ada, letting her go was not an option in my book. I turn around a corner that she had gone and I come in contact with a leg directed at me.

I stumble backwards, sure to keep my balance and focus of her yet when I look up a smirk is plastered on her face as she throws a small ball on the ground. My body visibly flinches, flashes of Finn's death once again coming to mind of how a single ball had turned him into a mindless beast yet when this ball hits the ground, it explodes into a large cloud of smoke, enveloping us both.

My eyes dart in every direction, trying to find Ada. Her laugh echoes and I stand to my feet. Out of nowhere something comes crashing into me from behind and my vision goes in and out, pain expanding from my upper back to my head. I stumble forwards and the butt of a gun slams into my left temple causing my vision to blacken completely.

"I got her."

"Just make sure she makes it out of here...alive."

"I will...and Chris...I know you'll do the right thing."

"No wait!"

"Is it true?"

"Well, we have Leon to thank for that."

"God damn you Simmons!"

Gun shots.

"Come on Becks...wake up." that voice...Jake."Why don't we just waste them?"

"You need to take care of your sister."

"Now move!!"

"Go run!"

"Not a chance."

"JAKE!!"

"SHERRY!! No let go of them!!" Jake's voice shouted, slightly bringing me back to my senses. I struggle to open my eyes, catching a glimpse every so often of the situation I am in. I see my feet be dragged along with the rest of my body. I look up and see Jake and Sherry get knocked out by J'avo and then them too get dragged away. I try pulling away from my captors but to no prevail as something hard hits me over the head, knocking me out once more.

A/N: Sorry this chapter is so short and Thank you to all of those who have voted on this story along with giving me comments, they are the things that want me to keep writing. Thank you once more. ~Eve