Ch. 11

"Jake duck!" I shouted, the said male did as he was told and I shot the J'avo about to hit him. "Go, go!" I ordered. Jake, Sherry and I began running as the enemy laid fire down on us.

Sherry and I covered Jake as he put in the remaining coins. The giant statue twisted to the East and a door slid open. "Let's go." Sherry ordered. We ran for the open door and found another one which we entered. It was some kind of control room with big screens and lockers in the back.

"What is this?" Jake asked, standing beside Sherry. I stood on the other side of her.

"Data from both of your experiments." Jake nodded and began searching the lockers in the back as Sherry continued to look through the files. I leaned up against the wall and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Look you guys. I'm slightly pissed at both of you but over the months I've gotten over it but it would've been good to at least know what your 'little job' was about." I stated using air quotes. Both Jake and Sherry froze and turn toward me. I sighed. "Well, I'm not as pissed as I am disappointed, I mean, my God, Jake you're my brother! We have blood that could stop future outbreaks, including this one; and not to mention that a lot of people want our blood for good AND BAD purposes...you should've just told me in the first place...you put me in danger that I was unaware of." I said with a growing frown on my face. Yeah he's my brother, but he's never done anything like this. He handed Sherry her phone then me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, and you're right, I should've told you." he whispered, to make sure Sherry couldn't hear him.

"It's me, Sherry Birkin...Yes, he's O.K...We were detained in a facility in China...Really?! Alright, I'll send you our exact coordinates." she then hung up then turned to us. "They're already here in China. It's over, we're saved."

"Well, Hallelujah. So, you ready?" Jake asked. Sherry grabbed the chip with our data on it and nodded in response.

"We should get moving then." I said, exiting the room. We ran for the front door when all of a sudden a tank burst through it. I flipped backwards three times.

"Looks like they're late for the party." Jake joked. I blankly looked at him.

"Just stop, you know you're not funny."

"Oh please, you love my jokes!" Jake shouted after me as I ran up the stairs and swung from the hanging pole.

"They're not even jokes, more like unintelligent remarks." I laughed, running to help Sherry up. The female grabbed my hand and I pulled her up. We ran to the duel doors.

"I find your jokes funny...well half the time." Sherry chimed in. I laughed in response.

"Sherry, how was that supposed to help me?" Jake inquired. We kicked the doors open and ran a few meters before the floor gave out. We tumbled to the lower floor below us as the tank burst through to the hallway.

"Run!" Sherry cried, taking off without us. I ran, following the blonde. Wow, this is a lot of running...I should get a tracker next time I'm not being chased or dodging death. We escaped the hallway through a door on the side.

We finally got outside when the tank from inside came crashing through the stone wall, sending chunks of debris all over. I ran faster, jumping out of the way of a few tumbling chunks of stone. "How the hell-" Jake yanked me behind a barricade as the tank shot at us. "What the hell are we supposed to do now?!" I demanded.

"I'm thinking!"

"Guys look!" Sherry shouted. We looked in the direction she was pointing in. Two motorcycles sat, completely untouched in a room across the gap where the tank was.

"Great thinking." I complimented. I ran out from behind the barricade, leading the tank away from the duo. I hid behind a pillar. "Great...now what the hell is plan B?" I asked myself, scoldingly, why did I not think this through? I looked around hurriedly for it won't be long before this pillar is turned to rumble.

There! A power line, barely holding on by a single wire, hung in the perfect place, slightly wrapped around another pole. I ran, the tank's aim following, bullets spraying the area right after me and I jumped. Luckily, my hands grasped the thick rope of wires and swung over the tank and into an opening.

I rolled upon impact and stopped in a crouched position. That was easier than I thought. I took down two enemies. Making my way towards the room with the motorcycles, I turned a corner only to be thrown back against the wall. A pained gasp escaped my lips as the impact knocked all the air from my lungs. A few gunshots rang out in the air, snapping me back to my senses. I sucked in air and looked up.

Jake stood over me, a smirk present on his lips. "Need some help smalls?" he asked, offering me a hand. I rolled my eyes sarcastically at my brother and took his hand. He pulled my to my feet.

"Let's just get out of the place already."

We got to the room with the motorcycles. I found the keys and tossed a set to Jake. "I'll get Sherry." I nodded as I started up my motorcycle, it's vibrating purr causing a spike in my adrenaline. I followed Jake through the window, past the tank and out onto the highway yet somehow a freaking helicopter caught up with us. I constantly swerved to avoid getting shot. On the side, an explosion flipped a vehicle in front of my way. "Shit!" I screamed and was forced to break off from Jake and Sherry.

"Beck!" I faintly heard over all of the noise. 'Damn! I have to get back to them.' I continued to drive, following the occasional explosions on the highway. 'I just hope they're okay.' I thought to myself.

Finally I got to the last place the explosions were. Jake and Sherry were just getting up from the ground, their motorcycle burning not so far away from them. I stopped my motorcycle and ran towards them. "Are you two okay?"

"Just fine." Sherry grumbled out, getting to her feet. Jake stood up beside me.

"Looks like Redfield and his boyscouts are here, too." Jake said with a hint of annoyance in his voice. I shot him a glare.

"Really Jake?" I growled. Looking back up to the BSAA soldiers, a certain face caused my heart to skip a beat. Piers Nivans. A small smile began to spread across my lips.

"What?" Jake asked, giving me a weird look. I rolled my eyes and started walking away, back to my bike. "You don't like one of them do you?"

"W-what?! No!! How could you think of something so--" a rocket shot down from the helicopter, exploding the bike. The force from the impact threw me backwards as I slid across the cold stone ground.

"REBECKA!!!" I heard someone shout. My vision began to blur and my movements were sluggish as I tried to sit up.

~Piers POV~

"REBECKA!!!" I shouted, clearly worried for her well being. I haven't seen her in six months and the first thing that happens to is that she almost dies right before my eyes. "Neo-Umbrella's after them! Captain!" I snapped Chris back to reality.

"Spread out!" he ordered then mumbled something to himself.